thirteen.

warning: nsfw content

    the words sounded strange coming out of brett's mouth, almost like it was impossible for him to be the one who said them. eddy almost didn't know what to do. he wanted nothing more than to do exactly what brett said, but he wasn't quite sure how.

after all, neither of them had ever done anything with anyone who wasn't of the opposite sex. nerves kicked in for both of them, but they tried not to let it show. they wanted this, which was quite unusual for eddy and rare for brett. what they'd done the night before wasn't as involved and they didn't really consider that "fucking" each other, per se, but this would be the real deal.

eddy's lips were back on brett's the second he'd uttered those two words, kissing him harder than before. the taller boy's long tongue entered brett's mouth and ran over the insides of his cheeks and his perfect teeth, making him shudder. brett took a deep breath as eddy climbed on top of him, and did exactly what brett had asked him to.

    scratches littered eddy's back and dark, large hickeys were all over both of them. they couldn't deny what they'd done even if they tried, but neither of them minded. eddy raised up and grabbed brett's face gently, kissing his parted lips. he knew he should wait until they caught their breath, but he just couldn't. he had to kiss brett now.

    the kisses were sloppy and wet and both of them were absolutely exhausted, but they couldn't stop. it felt as if their lips absolutely had to be touching or they might just spontaneously combust. of course, they both knew that to be untrue, but it wasn't worth the risk. so they kept kissing, having to stop and take a gasping breath every few seconds. it was awhile before their breathing slowed down and they pulled away, looking into each other's eyes.

    eddy took a deep breath and kissed brett's sweaty forehead, the saltiness lingering on his lips for a moment. to him, brett was the most breathtaking thing in the world in that moment. his swollen lips, his flushed cheeks, his glistening, perfect skin.. everything about him made eddy's heart want to pound out of his chest. he felt things for that man that he'd never felt before, almost beyond reason.

    the two of them laid in silence for a long time, both of their minds on the same thing: each other. brett fell asleep first this time, his arm wrapped around eddy's waist and his head on his shoulder. eddy laid awake for a long time, taking in the feeling of brett in his arms. he ran his fingers through the other boy's soft black hair over and over. laying there with him felt like paradise and he never wanted to leave. his phone rang yet again and he reached over, shutting it off without even looking at it. there was no room for negative thoughts in his head because brett just made him too happy.

    eddy didn't know he'd fallen asleep until he woke up to the sound of the bathroom door opening. brett walked out with a towel around his waist, his hair wet and falling in his face. eddy squinted at him and bit his lip.

    "hey," the taller boy said softly. brett smiled when he saw that he was awake.

    "hey," he replied, sitting down next to eddy on the bed. "do you need to shower?"

    eddy nodded. brett stood up and went to check the bathroom to make sure it was suitable.

    "okay. there are towels in there and you can use whatever you want. go on ahead and let me know if you need anything, okay?" said the shorter man, opening the bathroom door for eddy.

    eddy went into the bathroom and shut the door behind him, looking around. he liked brett's bathroom. he liked his whole apartment, actually. it just felt so safe and serene and brett's calming essence was everywhere.

    taking a deep breath, eddy turned on the shower. he realized as soon as he stepped in that brett's shower was much more like a girl's than a man's. he smiled as he looked over the wide selection of things on his shelves, biting his lip. it was no wonder brett always smelled so good—he basically had an entire soap shop in his bathroom. eddy washed up quickly and stepped out, grabbing for a towel. even brett's towels felt better than any others eddy had ever used. they were soft and strangely warm and could've probably been used as blankets. he dried off and put on a pair of boxers before walking into the bedroom.

    brett laid on the bed on his phone, blankets pulled up to his waist. the sight of him made eddy's stomach flip. he was just too god damn beautiful in ways that the taller boy had never seen someone be before. he sat down next to him and sighed.

    "i have to go home at some point," eddy said sadly. brett pouted and laid his head in his lap.

    "do you?" he mumbled.

    "i'm afraid so, love," he sighed, running his fingers through brett's hair. brett closed his eyes and leaned into the touch. it was strange how natural all of this felt, as if they were two people in a long relationship just sharing another day together. they did not feel like two strangers who'd met days ago and had never done anything even mildly inappropriate with the same sex before the previous night.

    "careful. please," brett said quietly. eddy frowned.

    "what do you mean?"

    brett sat up without saying anything and gently ran his fingers over the bruises and marks on eddy's arms.

    "oh. yeah. i'll be fine," eddy shrugged. brett shook his head and leaned down to kiss the bruises gently.

    "i'm so sorry," the smaller boy mumbled. eddy stared at him.

    the way brett cared for and about eddy was new to him. tears stung his eyes and he blinked them away, shaking his head. brett was just too sweet for his heart to handle.

    "it's okay, i promise. it's not your fault," he shrugged, his voice breaking.

    brett kissed eddy's cheek before wrapping his arms around his waist, hugging him and laying his head on his shoulder. eddy returned the hug tightly. he'd never felt so safe in someone's arms.

    "thank you," eddy mumbled. brett shook his head and planted a soft kiss on his shoulder.

    "you have to go," brett sighed. eddy nodded and pulled away.

    "yeah. i should probably go early. i'm sure she has a lot to say, but so do i," he said bitterly, standing up. brett watched as he got dressed.

    "are you coming back here?" brett asked, biting his bottom lip. eddy nodded as he pulled on his shirt.

    "yeah, of course. i'll be back as soon as i can. this talk is going to end with me telling her she has to move out, so i'm sure she'll try and kick me out of my own house again. but she's the one who has to leave. she can go back to brisbane for all i care," he huffed.

    "okay," brett mumbled. eddy pulled him in for a tight hug.

    "i'll be fine. i promise. i'll see you later and then we can, uh.. talk about.. well, this," he gestured to the two of them. brett nodded and they pulled apart.

    "okay," he shrugged.

    "bye, brett," eddy said as he walked out the door.

    "bye," the smaller man whispered as he watched him go.

    brett sighed sadly and sat down on the bed. he felt a strange, unexplainable emptiness in his chest without eddy. he turned on the tv and crossed his arms, starting the long wait for eddy's return.