Chapter 32: Rise of the Spinjitzu Master

Please comment on the chapter on how you liked it or if you have any suggestions for the next season.

Darkness surrounded her, black was all that she could see. She knew she wasn't dead. Aria opened her eyes and stood up, she looked down to see herself in some kind of black liquid, it was the darkness. That's all their was, their was no light just darkness.

She looked off into the distance their was something headed her way, it was a giant wave of darkness it consumed her and she was forced under. She covered her mouth and forced her way back to the surface, the darkness seemed to be growing.

Her hair was still purple as it became when she regained her powers from her father. This must be why he easily gave it up. If she had her powers he could take control and enter her body.

In the distance she swore she saw a building, she did the only thing she could do, she headed toward it. She didn't know what was happening nor did she know what to do. The only thing she could do was press on and hope for the best.

-

Back on the Island of Darkness, the heroes are in a depressed slump over their recent defeat. Dr. Julien bandages Lloyd's injured leg, Jay wonders if they'll see Nya again, and Master Wu admits to Kai that for once, he has no words of wisdom to give.

"I wonder if we'll ever see Nya again" Jay wondered sadly

"Sensei come on their has to be a word of wisdom or a lesson to learn" Kai pleaded

"For once, I don't know" Wu replied

"How do you not know, you're sensei, you have a long white beard" Jay said

"All I know is that Evil has won" Wu said sadly

"Guy you changed me from being evil to good, there must be a reason why we were chosen to carry on the legacy of the First Spinjitzu Master, we're ninja, and ninja never quit" Lloyd said

The Ninja are heartened by the speech but realize that they still have no means of reaching Ninjago. Kai is preparing to swim across the Endless Sea himself when Zane sees the Falcon gliding down to meet him once more.

Deciding that the mechanical bird wants to show them something, the heroes follow the Falcon in Kai's Fire Mech, back to the Temple of Light. Cole wonders why they have returned, but Misako finds an area of the temple resembling a picture in one of her scrolls.

When the Ninja insert their Elemental Blades into the four slots around the room, the center of the floor opens up to reveal a large golden mech. Misako identifies it as the fighting suit used by the First Spinjitzu Master to battle the Overlord, but Dr. Julien notes that the eons have reduced it to a non-functional relic.

Master Wu believes that Lloyd can remedy that, sure enough, the Green Ninja's presence in the cockpit restores the mech to its original state. Learning that the mech can fly, Misako quips that at least one of them can now reach Ninjago. On cue, the Ultra Dragon arrives, and the other heroes use it to accompany Lloyd back to Ninjago City.

However, Ninjago City is not as they remember; everything is shadowy, the people are apathetic puppets of darkness, and a massive tower dominates the skyline. Master Wu identifies the latter as the Garmatron, transformed into a fortress by the Overlord.

Moving to the ground to get a better look, the Ninja narrowly avoid being hit with a blob of pure darkness atop the tower, a massive black dragon roars to the sky. Misako realizes that the Overlord has finally regained his original form, and the group makes an attack plan: most of them will draw the Overlord's attention with the Ultra Dragon, while Lloyd takes the Golden Mech to fight the ultimate evil head-on.