Chapter 51: Grave Danger

After picking up Aria the Ninja travel through the sea in R.E.X.

"Are we almost there yet?" Aria questioned

 "We are, soon" Zane remarks

"I don't like being underwater" Kai says

"Neither do I" Cole agrees

Master Wu informs his pupils that he, Misako, and Nya, are headed to their location on the Bounty, and that it'll be up to them to find the Realm Crystal before Morro, who is already ahead of them. After Misako tells them a riddle that might help them past the three tests, the Ninja are pursued by The Leviathan, which they manage to trap, and escape successfully. 

Soon, the Ninja arrive at their destination, and almost immediately as they step foot on land, Jay finds a piece of cloth that belonged to Morro, saying all the hopes that he wouldn't find it are gone. While Kai remains optimistic about their position, Zane notices a statue of the First Spinjitzu Master, and the Ninja stand in awe.

 As they had reached their destination, R.E.X.'s auto-return function activated, leaving the Ninja behind with no Aeroblades, and no way out of the tomb. 

"why would you idiots leave your weapons in there, if you got out to go in the cave the first thing you should've done was grab your weapons!" Aria shouted

"yeah yeah it was a dumb mistake, let's get moving" Kai said

Despite these odds, the team ventures forward to face the tomb's tests. The Ninja arrive in the first of the tomb's challenges: a circular room with sixteen doors, each with symbols on and above them. 

"Choose the right door to proceed or end up in a realm of hurt" Cole said

"their's a bunch of weird symbols" Jay notes

"A spinjitzu master can?" Kai questioned, he pointed at the symbol the resembles a spinjitzu tornado "It must be that one"

Jay heads for the door and Aria grabs his arm "wait, it's a zoetrope"

"A what?" Cole asked

"A zoetrope, the symbols on the doors are slightly different from the previous and create a moving image when in motion" Zane explains

"Right, my family's tomb has it too" Aria said

"You have a family tomb?" Kai asked

"Yeah, to protect the royal family's remains" Aria replied before doing spinjitzu, she stopped and pointed at the door they came in from "that one"

She opened the door to find the next hallway

"Royal family?" The ninjas quested following her

"look it's the Golden Staff of the First Spinjitzu Master" Aria said ignoring them and pointing to the other side if the room.

"A spinjitzu master cannot" Jay says

A step forward from Kai sets off well-hidden stone darts in their direction. Now with a better idea on the test's difficult.

"Alright how about we use airjitzu to reach the staff, since a spinjitzu master can't maybe a airjitzu can" Kai suggested

The technique's temporary use stops him short and starts a long series of traps that corner and surround the others. Even so, the Fire Ninja remains undeterred in reaching the staff.

"Stop!" Aria shouted and Kai stopped

"But what about the staff, we can't give up" Kai said

"that's it" Aria said "A spinjitzu master can't give up because ninja never quite"