7. lips

As always, don't forget to vote, comment follow. Ily

EVAN WOLFE

Jaxon gathered us round the kitchen to inform us with some plans that he had made.

We had been training with Caleb's pack for the last few weeks on and off but we hadn't seen them in a few days. I began to think maybe this was the start of going back to our separate ways again and we would train on our own.

But I thought wrong.

"Just wanted to inform everyone that we are going over to Caleb's house with his pack," Jaxon starts.

"Wait, we're what?" The words fly out of my mouth. Oh shit I didn't think that, I said it.

Jaxon flexes an eyebrow in my direction. "Is there a problem Evan?"

I instantly purse my lips and shake my head as I let my hands fumble in front of me. My eyes quickly gravitate to Ava's who is giving me a sympathetic look.

"Didn't think so," Jaxon says as he turns his head away from me. "Zara and Felix decided to get us all together and thank us for our hospitality for them. Perfect time for us to bond and grow together."

A hand runs over my face and I think. Going to Caleb's house and being surrounded by his things, by his scent. The thought almost made me pass out, I was completely and utterly not ready for this.

Turns out Caleb and his pack recently moved close to our side of the district, Caleb wanted to be closer to where his family grew up.

When we get to their house it is without a doubt one of the most beautiful houses I have ever seen. It was old like a farm house, it was preloved and full of character.

When I imagined what Caleb's house would look like I didn't think it would look like this. I was completely taken back by how stunning it was to look at, my eyes were in awe.

Zara has the front door open before we even get there, she's beaming at all of us and ushers us into the house quickly.

My body shutters the second I step through the door, I was right. Caleb's house was infected with his smell, I don't know what else I was expecting.

There is a rush to say hello to everyone, my eyes keep a look out for Caleb who is yet to make an appearance. Not that it would make a difference when we see each other but a part of me wanted him to know that I was here. I sigh thinking about how sad and stupid that sounds.

Their house was modern which counteracted the feel of an older style from the outside. There was a large open plan kitchen that attached to the living room. Wide grand stairs that were white and sleek filtered up to the next floor. My eyes flicker over the pieces of art that are dotted around the house from abstract paintings to sculptures to word art.

We move into their kitchen, Zara is running around making sure that everyone has a drink and that no one is hungry. After she settles down I'm stood with Ava as she talks away to Zara and Felix, I'm listening but I don't say anything. I smile every now and then to show I'm interested but something just felt off.

"Where's Caleb?" Ava asks causally towards Felix.

Felix runs his hand down the side of his face and a strained sigh leaves his lips. "His dad has made an unexpected visit, he didn't really want anyone coming round today but Zara convinced him."