31. attention

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

EVAN WOLFE

The weeks after Caleb told everyone we were together were better than I ever expected. Not having to pretend we barely knew each other's names and showing our relationship in front of everyone was making me feel like myself again. I didn't feel like I was hiding who I really was, not like I'd ever be embarrassed of Caleb being my mate.

Although everything had been amazing with Caleb not everything had been great with everyone else. We had been training together again and the first few days people were actually noticing me. They were looking at me and talking about me, I tried to ignore it but it was proving to be difficult.

I have never had this much attention in my life and I was not a fan of it. My wolf was weak and I knew that, weaker than anyone else in either of our packs. With everyone's obvious eye on me it was making me fall, trip and heave with anxiety.

I was noticeably weak and it was embarrassing, everyone looked up to Caleb like the worlds greatest role model and I don't blame them. He is a great leader to his pack, he's fair and strong and everything I'm not.

Today during training I told myself to ignore everyone else and focus on myself, focus on what I'm doing despite what anyone else might think.

My paws pound against the floor as I race and swerve between the trees. The cold crisp air whipping me in the face as I run as fast as I can.

Just as I reach the stream I am tackled at my side, a grey wolf attaches themselves to my back as we slide through the dirt and leaves.

I yelp out as my skin scratches against the branches, my head being bashed multiple times against the floor.

Once we come to a stop the wolf above me growls as I lay on the floor, my breathing heavy and uneven.

Another wolf joins him and they both stand over me, they look down at me with their mouths turned up in pathetic smirks. They then turn to look at each other and step away from me. I remembered their wolves, they were in Caleb's pack but I could not remember their names.

What the fuck?! I exclaim through the mindlink.

We were allowed to tackle each other during training but not purposely hurt each other.

Oh Luke you were so right. The grey wolf says as he loops around me, my eyes watching him carefully. He could never fight back, he's got a tiny little weak wolf.

My eyes burn and I grip my teeth together. Shut up. I ground out harshly.

You think you're going to stand a chance against Caleb's father? Luke aims at me as his paws stand over me. His father thinks we are slackers, imagine what he's going to think of you. I'd be sleeping with one eye open if I was in your position.

Dread runs through his body at my words. You're lucky you guys have a bond because I can't say Caleb would even look at you without it. The other wolf tells me smugly.

You know nothing. I snarl out at him as my I jump up onto my four paws.

Oooooh. Luke mocks me. Look who's getting cocky. Kieran, you've got Caleb's dad on speed dial right?