sacrifice .41

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

If you don't follow me already make sure you do as I post updates onto my message board about updates and new chapters!

CALEB VELLA

My powers have become stronger, Lola helped me build up my abilities by being my motivator over the last few days.

Using my powers fucking hurt, my head felt like it was going to combust and my brain was going to squirt out my ears. The pain was bearable by the time I was stronger to move bigger objects but keeping myself going was a struggle. Lola was in my ear constantly telling me to not give up and she knew how strong I was. Occasionally she splurged a sassy remark when I struggled, which only made me laugh and want to try harder for her.

I slept a lot, my body feeling exhausted from overworking it. Every inch of my skin felt sore and tender, never have I felt like this. It was such an alien feeling as wolves repair quickly but this reminded me of Evan and how he would have felt like this every time he got hurt. He truly was a fighter because this was a new found pain that I never wanted to experience again.

Lola and I also tried the mind control that Ryker used to disconnect my mindlink abilities but I soon came to the conclusion that it would take years of practice to even know where to begin. It was complicated and required a lot of strength and right now, I didn't have much of it.

In the mean time I was watching the guards and keeping an eye out for Dominic, he hadn't come round for his shift in a few days and it was making my skin itch, as I anticipated when I would see him.

Fi tells me that when Ryker takes his next sacrifice, that is when we should attack. Most of the guards go upstairs with Ryker leaving only one guard downstairs, an observation that gave us an advantage point and I praised her for her watchful eyes. It's probably easy to turn a blind eye to everything when you're stuck between these walls, not watching what's going on outside.

She did know this place like clockwork.

The plan is to let Ryker take his victim upstairs whilst Dominic stayed downstairs, thats if he even wanted to take part in our getaway.

I knew Dominic and this wasn't him, he was the kindest soul. My father must have brainwashed him into a sanctuary here, scared that if he leaves or rebels he will be killed.

We needed more recruits which is why I had to get Dominic to help me, this was our only hope. I needed the support of others, we needed to create an army and take down Ryker once and for all.

Sitting with my back pressed against the harsh wall, I listen out to Wes and Dominic. They mention it's August which makes me almost shudder, how had I been here for four months?

"You good for the night shift?" I hear Wes' voice subtly.

"Yeah all good," Dominic replies.

I wait for the sound of Wes' footsteps up the stairs before I shoot up and look through the metal bars. My eyes glance from left to right in the dim lit hall barely seeing what's in front of me.

"Dominic?" I whisper out, my voice echoing slightly from the silence.

For a few moments I hear nothing until he appears in front of me all of a sudden, I take a quick breath. He blinks at me a few times, his face free of any emotion.

"We're not allowed to talk Caleb," he tells me. "You know that."

"I need your help," I say lowly, as quiet as possible.