figuring out Things

Bella pov

We we're in the kitchen and Judy was here now. I was leaning against the counter drinking my coffee while they we're arguing how to get Mason back.

"You could tie a rope to me and let them take me in like they took Mason." Everyone turned and looked at me.

"Are you crazy?" Edward asked. "Edward she might be on to something there." Chuck said.

"Wait! I thought I heard you're voice earlier today talking to Mason. Did you leave your body?" Edward asked me.

I just nodded my head. "Why can't you just do that?" Edward asked me.

"Because projecting myself is not going to work and if I do this it has to be on Halloween anyways." I explained.

Now everyone looked confused. I went and grabbed Janes journal. I opened it and read it out loud.

October 31, 1940

Its Halloween and this is the first time I wrote in this.

I'm 10 years old. I been seeing things in this house. I hate it here.

Today and tonight has been worse. I don't know if its been because its Halloween or what.

I try telling my family but it seems they will not listen to me. Or they had stuff happening to them and they don't speak of it.

It seems like they want me but can not be sure. This may be my only writing in this.

"This is the only thing she wrote in the book. So that means they took her. I don't know how many are here." I explained.

"Edward you have all your equipment set up?" Chuck asked. "Well no I don't. But it shouldn't take long to set it up." Edward said.

While Chuck and dad helped Edward, Judy and I sat at the table talking.

"We need to figure out where the entrance and exit is." Judy told me.

"Now I can project my body for that. But one problem. I can only project myself for a short time." I explained Judy.

"Well let's get started while they are busy." I went and laid on the couch and closed my eyes and relaxed.

I opened my eyes and I was standing next to my body. Judy couldn't see me. I started walking I reached the stairs and started walking up.

I stopped just at the top of the stairs. I could hear everyone downstairs.

But I walked into my room and all I sensed was Mike in my room. I walked into Mason bedroom and walked to his closet.

This is only a short term portal not enough time to do anything.

I searched dad and Edward bedrooms and nothing. I checked the other rooms the same.

I had my hand on the attic door but had to take it off. Then I opened it up real fast.

I walked up really slow and thats when I saw a glowing light. You couldn't see it with you're normal eyes.

So this was the entrance. Now I got to find a exit. I walked through.

It was the same as the house but weird looking. I walked back through the house and found myself in the basement.

But it was strange. I walked through then I felt something slimy on me. I looked at my hands and it looked like goo on them.

I sat straight up catching my breath. I opened my eyes and looked at my hands and it was gone.

"You alright Bella?" I turn my head and look at Judy. "The opening is in the attic and the way out but there's a problem." I told her.