Part 20

I fell down to the floor crying. "Noooooooooooooo not my mama! I screamed. Aunt Pam ran downstairs. "What's wrong??? What's going on?" She said grabbing me and asking the officer.  "Ms. Ann was found dead mam." He said. "WHATTT!!! Oh my Jesus, oh lord Jesus give me strength lord, lord Jesus why us lord, whyyyy!!" She said crying loud. "I'm so sorry for your loss mam." The man said. "I'll be in touch with you all." He said headed to the car looking sad. "Why my mama? Whyyyyyy! Why couldn't it been me? Why my momma?" I said crying and kicking on the floor. "Baby, stop kicking baby, come here, ohhhhhhhh father God!" She said crying and trying to grab me. "Get it together baby." She said holding me in her arms. I cried, more and more and more. "This is messed up man... then we have to tell Aubrey when she wake up.. how Ima do this?" I said crying. "Baby we just gotta stick together!" Aunt Pam said holding me. We grieved all night, we couldn't sleep. When Aubrey woke up we told her. Lord it was so hard telling my baby sister that. My baby sister was torn and hurt. I felt every pain in her striking little soul. We then called all our family members and reached out to them about the news. After all of that I talked to Jeremy. He came by and brought the family groceries. "I'm so sorry baby." He said holding me. "She was a good woman and a loving mother, I just can't believe she's gone." I said. He comfort me, he even stayed over a couple nights with us. Our week was terrible and unbearable for us all.

The Funeral..
It was a nice service, my mother looked so beautiful but it still hurted to the core to know she was gone. Princess Aubrey stayed so strong. I'm so proud of her, mom raised us both very well. Aubrey was with the family.  me and Jeremy was walking out the church together thru the big crowd. Then I see Jamal. "Today is not the day" I said. "Baby just calm down, be the bigger person." Jeremy said. "Okay baby." I said. Jamal walks up to us, calm as hell. "I'm sorry for your loss, just sending my condolences." He said. "I appreciate that." I said. "Y'all have a blessed day" he said walking off. I was shocked but then again I wasn't. We went over to the cemetery to say our final goodbyes to mom. Everyone gathered around and dropped daisies flowers on her casket, her favorite flowers were daisies. "I'm gonna miss her" Aubrey said hugging me tightly. "Me too" I said holding her. I held her close to me and then I looked over and seen a car pulling up. Nobody else was noticing but I was. A bald muscular man got out and then stood against the car watching us grieve. "Wait is that our dad?" I said to myself.

To be continued...