13

Mira P.O. V

Father took the long chain and wrapped my hands with it. He's laugh sent chills through me. The taste of salt hit my lips as my tears streamed down my face.

“Oh Mira, I can't believe you are so stupid to believe you could run away from me.” His grin scared me. I couldn't help the cry from escaping my throat as his hand came down against my face.

“F-Father please…” I always tried to plead but it never worked. “I'll b-be good I-I promise.” My voice cracked and echoed against the cement walls.

Another sting of pain hit against my stomach, this time from the strings father held. “Maybe next time you will be.” His dark cold eyes looked into mine, the feeling of fear and guilt crushed me as the string came down on me again.

Father took out his blade, he often threatens me with it. “I would kill you if I could Mira.” He spat his words in my face. He pulled my hair back exposing my neck. “In fact. I think I will.” The cold of the knife pressed against my skin. The slow warmness dripped down my neck as I gasped for air.

My eyes shot open greeted with light. The gasp from my that echoed in the room, I arched my back and quickly moved my hand to my neck, nothing was there.

Donovan looked at me from his bed, he looked worried. A small amount of tears left my eyes as I replayed my dream in my head. My body had started trembling as Donovan started to rush over to me.

I grasped him, throwing my arms around his neck pulling myself to him, letting him pet me. I don't remember going to sleep. The last thing I remember is.... The meeting.

The dream left my mind and images of Donovan pushing that women and yelling at her filled it. My breath felt like it was being taken from me. Donovan small mutters that I was okay calmed me but also scared me.

I started pushing him away, letting my hands claw at him. He stayed holding me to him, I couldn't help but tremble more.

“P-Please don't h-hurt me.” I started to give up. The though of him pushing me and yelling at me scared me. His eyes turning red like they were, looking at me with anger.

He pulled away a little, his face showed the hurt he felt. “Mira, stop.” His voice sounded soft “I don't want to hurt you.”

I can't believe him, father played this trick on me a lot. As soon as I felt Donovan hands leave my waist clawed at the couch to try to run. I had always run when I felt scare, or I would give up and accept it.

I felt the pain in my knees from hitting the floor behind the couch and quickly made my way to the closet. Closing and locking it behind me. My breaths are deep and greedy for the surrounding air. The shake from my now hurting knees caused me to drop to the floor again, all I could see was how badly Donovan wanted to hurt that women, followed by the thought of him hurting John.

“Mira please, let me explain everything to you!” Donovan's voice was panicked through the door. All I could do is cry, I know this will end in punishment. “Open the door Mira.” His voice was stern, the same one father would use when I was in trouble. “That's an order.”

I lifted my body from the door, the tremble taking over every inch of me. My hands reached for the handle of the door slowly taking the lock into my fingers. The click of the unlock filled my ears as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Donovan pushed open the door slowly, looking at me. His eyes scanning over me, he looked frustrated and sad.

“P-please...” I took my arms as close to my body as I possibly could, my head pounded.