18

Mira P.O.V
I could feel my stomach eating itself, my hands against the cold chains above my head. The cold concrete against my legs and back almost hurt.

Donovan's shirt was ruined by now, a few buttons missing and drenched in blood and tears. The familiar chain around my ankle scared me more then it had once comforted me. Father had been in and out of this room a few times, he had never done this to me before and I now wish it had stayed that way. I have watched him do this to others and listened to their screams but never had I thought it would happen to me.

"Mira?" I tried my best to look up to the raspy voice. "Oh, now you've..." His low growl sounded to please for comfort. "I always knew you would grow to be beautiful." This was a voice I have heard before.

A hand grabbed my face, making me look up to him. "K-kyle?" The smile on his face confused me, what is going on? "H-how- where-" his hand pressed against my mouth as he shushed me.

"It's you and me now sweetheart." His other hand trailed down my hair. "Well, you, me, Cameron and John of course."

John? What is happening?

I squirmed against the chains. I wanted free, I want to go home. Tears started welling in my eyes. How long has it been?

"I'm sorry my sweet baby, I don't want anyone to hurt you, but Cameron and John want more from you than me." His voice trailed off and anger showed in his eyes. "My sweet baby..." He let his hand down from my mouth before sitting next to me.

"Kyle please..." I inhaled deeply "let me go... Please..." His fist slammed down on the concrete.

"Don't call me Kyle anymore." He stood up and started pacing. I should feel more scared but the hunger and tiredness I felt overpowered anything else. "I'm your father, I'm your dad. I should have been all along." His voice was loud, his hand hit against his legs before pulling in what little hair he had. His black hair, the same color as mine...

"You were supposed to be mine. My baby. My only baby..." His voice trailed off into a quiet cry. "He took you from me... And you called him father... And he sold you, like you where garbage mira... Like you weren't good..." His cries slowly became sobs.

"Please..." I let out a cough before desperately grabbing at the air with my lips.

"My sweet girl... Daddy's here now" he was losing it. This wasn't the Kyle I used to know, he was fun and loving and now... He's just psychotic.

"I-I remember your first word to me. You called me dad, you giggled and smiled at me." He got closer to me before dropping at my feet, he pulled on the chain attached to them. "Look what they've done to you baby. I have watched you in this room every time but now they have hurt you..."

The door opened. "Come on Kyle, your time is up." Panic started to settle, I might be alone in the room, or worse I could be stuck with someone else.

"N-no please don't go" I shook my head and struggled to try and get up. "Please, d-dad please!" My cries turned to sobs and Kyle walked through the door, his eyes sadder than normal. The door shut and for a second I thought I was alone.

"Come one mira, how long does this have to take?" Johns's voice ran heavy in the air. "I asked you twice now, just do what we ask and we can let you go, just. Follow. The. Rules." His face was inches from mine, close enough for me to smell his blood dripped breath.

My head crashed into his hand. The echo sounded in the room before he stepped back and let his chuckle leave his chest. "Really? You'd rather try to fight me of all people than just give me the information and go?" My wrist hit hard against the chain as I tried to pull myself off the wall. "All right mira. Suite yourself maybe next time I come in you'll be more compliant." His hand struck across my face sending to the ground. He didn't deserve to hear me cry so I didn't. I either need to fight back or wait for someone to care enough to find me.

He had traced through my hair before pilling my head back forcing me to look to him. "you should have just told me." He bent down toward me. "Now I get to have fun with you." His smile sends shivers through me.

Donovan P.O.V
"Please, just calm down" Mom's hand pressed against my back, every part of it was on fire.

"Stop." I pushed her hand off me, I could feel all my senses raging. Something that happens when a vampire is about to change. I could feel my eyes changing and my heart race. "Has anyone made any progress in finding her?" My voice was a little calmer but not by much.

"We know that it was an attack on us, that was all. Whoever it wanted information they think she has." Dad brushed off his shoulder and straightened out his normal suit.

"Are you kidding me?!" I could feel my skin on fire, my wrists where oddly cold. I rubbed a circle around my wrist that turned red easily.

"What's wrong with your wrist Donny?" Mom took my wrist into her hands checking to see if I was okay.

"Nothing mom, they are just cold. We just need to find her." I knew what was going on, I've read about it and have been told stories, but I can't except it, not now at least.

"But you are so warm Donovan." She glanced up to me and gave me a worried look. It appears she also knows what's going on.

"Mom stop." I brushed her off of me, I just need my Mira, if she's back it will be okay.

"Okay, we will find her soon." Her words where comforting but her tone was holding little faith.