Chapter 27

Athena

Waking up the next morning to Dante was surreal.

I wish it was like this every morning. He reminds me what true happiness is like. 

His comforting embraces. 

His soft kisses.

Everything about him reminds me of home. It is a shame it all has to come to an end. 

I'm still in his t-shirt from last night and jogging bottoms which he tightened around my waist. I lay on my side just watch Dante. 

His unruly blonde hair everywhere and his handsome features. His arm is wrapped around my waist as per usual. 

I wish I didn't have to return back to Romero but I do. 

A little hint of a life with Dante makes me never want to leave. I don't want to face the abuse from Romero.

"Stop staring at me bambolina!" I hear him speak and jump. 

He caught me. 

"What does that even mean?" I change the subject.

"And I wasn't staring at you!" I joke and I can feel a blush creep up on my face. 

"You'll find out someday amore!" He smiles and his morning voice.

God why didn't I hear it before? It sound so fucking amazing.

"I have to go soon!" I admit silently.

He groans and runs a hand through his hair in frustration. 

"I don't want you to go. I know that asshole doesn't treat you right." He exclaims while in the rush of anger. 

But there is nothing he can do about it. The solid rock on my finger shows who has the control in this relationship. 

I cuddle closer into his chest missing his warmth already. I don't know when I will see him again. 

"I'm going to miss you Dante!" I mumble into his chest. 

I can feel his chest vibrate. He is laughing. 

"I'm going to miss you more bambolina." 

We finally get out of bed and I make him breakfast with whatever he has in his fridge. I stay dressed in his clothes and he gives me a bag with my dress in it. Unwillingly I put my feet into the heels.

A sadness envelopes my soul knowing I'm leaving someone I have feelings for behind. He drives me back to Romero's fucking mansion with a heavy heart. 

I can tell he doesn't want me to leave but he knows I have to.

"I'm sorry!" I mumble once he stops his car outside the gates of Romero's mansion. 

"Never apologise bambolina. It is not your fault!"

Dante's words means so much to me. I am about to open the door and leave when his voice stops me. 

"Hey don't I get a goodbye kiss?" He teases and I shut the car door and climb onto his lap.

I make myself comfortable and give him a longing kiss goodbye. 

"I'll see you soon!" Dante says firmly and I hope he does.

I hope he does. 

Reluctantly I leave the car in high heels and a soft kiss to remind me of the wonderful night I just experienced. As soon as the gates open Dante's car leaves I know how much he hates seeing me leave and go back to Romero but I have to.