Chapter 48

Self-harm warning

Dante

When I came back to the apartment I didn't expect her to be sneaking around making phone calls. 

"WHO WAS IT?" I ask anger evident in my tone. 

My hands grip her arm and she struggles to break free. I hear Mirella's cries in the background but I'm focused on her in front of me.

"Dante! Now is not the time. You are scaring out daughter!" She snaps angrily. 

I know that she is crying but I need my answers.

"Was that him?" I snarl. 

The thought of her with someone other than disgusts me. 

I hate it. 

I hate knowing she is thinking about him.

"No Dante. It was Alyssa. I promise!" She denies but I don't believe her.

I can't believe her. 

All I'm visualising is her back with Romero. 

"We have a daughter baby girl. Think about her! She needs you. I need you! How could you think about leaving us?" My voice cracks as I let go of her arm. 

"N-No. I-I wasn't!" She stutters sadly. 

But her fear is the truth.

I leave her alone in the living room to comfort our daughter and storm towards our bedroom. I take a day off work knowing I can do that.

Athena

He has gone to our bedroom. I know it isn't him that's saying all that. 

He's afraid of someone hurting me again. 

He's afraid of me leaving. 

When I was on the phone he thought I was going to leave him, the love of my life, for the monster that abused me. I would never do that. 

"AAAH!" Mirella cries into my arms and I quieten her stroking her blonde hair. She rests her head on my breasts and her eyes slowly droop. 

Looks like she is taking a nap. I set her down on the couch and put pillows around her to make sure she doesn't fall before heading to Dante. 

He thinks he'll be a single dad. 

I would never do that to him. 

When I step inside the bedroom he is on the bed typing away on his laptop. 

"I don't like it when we argue like this!" I mumble quietly. 

I know he hears me but he doesn't reply. 

"Dante please!" I tell him.

I'm not wrong in this situation but he thinks I am which is even worse. 

"I would never go back to him Dante. He hurt me. He abused me. I would never!" I plead with him but he is still silent not listening.

"Fine you want me to leave that much I will. But not with him. I'll hurt myself till I leave not you but this world!" I snap angrily and rush into the kitchen. 

I grab a knife from the drawer. Tears spill in my eyes. I don't want to do this. 

Something in my brain is telling me to hurt myself. 

To cut it will ease the ache in my chest. 

But my daughter. I can't leave her.

I scrape the knife slowly onto my arm but not enough for it to bleed. With blurry eyes I press the knife harder down and I hiss when I feel it sting.

The red blood is nothing but a blur. 

Everything becomes a blur. 

"BAMBOLINA!" Dante yells loudly and I jump dropping the knife onto the floor. 

"What did you do? Fuck!" He grabs my body and puts me on the countertop. 

Tears flow freely down my cheek as I sob continuously. He cleans the blood before bandaging it up. 

"Never hurt yourself because of me again. Is that understood?" He snaps at me. 

His brown eyes lock with my light blue and I'm mesmerised. "Don't be angry at me Dante. I don't like it!" I whisper.

He stands between my legs and I wrap my arms around his waist resting my head on his chest. "I'm sorry amore. I overreacted. Please forgive me!" He pecks the top of my head. 

"I'm sorry too. I love you!" My voice is muffled in his chest. 

He pulls me away and locks his eyes into mine. "I love you more bambolina!"

We lay resting in each other's embrace. 

Every relationship has its mistakes.

But without him by my side I know I wouldn't make it every night.  

A/N:

So Athena has resorted to hurting herself. 

How long will this last?

Comment and Vote. 

Soul x