-ˏˋ chapter three

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CHAPTER THREE | A NOT SO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IF YOU
WERE TO ASK FELIX

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

"happy birthday, kai!"

kai smiled as he was greeted with a beautifully designed birthday cake from felix.

kai looked up at his older brother, yeonjun, and his smile widened.

"yeonjun!" kai whined. "i thought you forgot about my birthday!"

"how could i possibly forget my little brother's eighteenth birthday. you're finally an adult!"

"therefore meaning you can finally drink!" jisung said in sing-song while he waltzed in the room with bottles of alcohol in his arms. "let's drink ourselves silly!"

minho took the bottles out of jisung's arms. "how about we don't. is eighteen even the legal age to drink?"

"who cares? you're so boring," jisung whined. "you can't party without alcohol."

"well said my good friend." yeonjun took a bottle out of minho's arms. taeyong opened the bottle with his teeth then passed it to his younger brother. "drink up, little brother. we're going to get drunk!"

kai reluctantly took the drink out of his older brother's hand.

"it won't bite you." jisung laughed. "just drink it. you're legal now."

minho raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.

felix put the birthday cake down on the table and made his way to the couch. he wasn't in the mood for birthdays even though haechan was his best friend.

a few more people were meant to come over to celebrate kai's birthday and felix was regretting agreeing to letting yeonjun throw his brother's birthday in his own home.

it meant mess and if there was mess felix would be the one to clear it up.

not jisung and certainly not minho.

felix.

felix turned the television on and on the screen was the news channel.

"a few hours ago, this grocery store was robbed by the notorious mystery theif."

"christopher," felix murmured as the news reporter spoke about what happened earlier today.

jisung appeared beside felix and watched the television.

"the theif is still at large but it'll be impossible for authorities to catch him since no one has ever seen his face. he won't reveal his face to anyone."

"anyone but me," felix mumbled.

kai grabbed the remote and switched the television of.

"i was watching that," felix muttered.

"well it's my birthday so it's time to party." kai grabbed felix by his hands and pulled him up.

the party was a drag for felix.

taehyun, beomgyu and soobin joined the party which caused the house to be even more louder than it already was.

everyone excluding poor felix was rowdy and drunk.

felix couldn't take the noise anymore so he grabbed his coat and vans, slipped everything on and left the house.

felix didn't know where he was going, he was just walking.

seoul was beautiful at night. felix loved to admire the lights in the city central.

since felix was too busy staring at the lights he walked into a man.

"watch where your-oh, sorry," the man said. his once livid eyes softened when he saw felix.

"no, i'm sorry." felix bowed before walking away from the man and towards the shopping mall.

the man watched curiously. something about felix intrigued him.

maybe it was his deep australian accent that didn't match his face? or perhaps the freckles scattered all over his cheeks and nose since he's never met anyone with freckles before.

the man didn't really know.

the man's phone started to ring. he shoved his hand in his pocket, pulled it out and instantly glared at the screen when he saw the name 'hyunjin'.

"what?" the man spat out once he answered.

"changbin, the girls...the girls are dead."

"which girls?" changbin knew exactly which girls hyunjin was talking about.

"the girls from your...ring. seungmin and i believe chan may have something to do with it."

"that bitch!" changbin yelled earning a few stares from people passing by. "first he steals everything from me and now he's killed my only source of income. i'm going to make him pay."

"and have you figured out how?" hyunjin asked.

"not yet but i'll think of something. stealing a car from him won't do anything. i have to take something more...more--"

"sentimental?"

changbin smiled but in a sinister way. "exactly the word i was looking for, hyunjin. sentimental."

"you were the one behind the supermarket robbery weren't you chan? what could you possibly steal from a supermarket?"

chan shrugged, eyes focusing on jeongin who was laid on his stomach while playing on his games console.

"chan." sanghoon pinched the bridge of his nose. "you need to stop this or else you'll get into serious trouble--why is there dried blood on your coat?"

chan followed sanghoon's gaze and saw a blood stain on his coat.

"i went down to changbin's," chan murmured. "i took down his whole ring."

sanghoon's mouth fell open in horror. "robbing shops and homes is one thing chan but murder is another. i...i can't have you living here anymore. you're a bad example to jeongin."

jeongin stopped playing on his console and looked up at the two adults.

"what's going on?" he asked, worridly.

"chan is moving out, that's what's going on," sanghoon said.

"sanghoon," chan hissed. "i have no where else to go!"

"you should have put the life of crime behind you. now get your stuff and leave. don't come back till you're a changed man."

chan gave jeongin a weak smile and went upstairs to grab his things.

jeongin started to cry and rushed over to his older brother.

"sanghoon!" jeongin sobbed. "please don't make channie leave!"

"he has to, innie. hopefully he'll return because he would have changed himself. if he really cared about you he would stop being a criminal."

chan walked back down stairs with a backpack and a small suitcase.

"i'm doing this with my brother in mind, chan," sanghoon said. "i only want the best for him and you bringing him stolen goods isn't."

chan nodded his head. "i understand. goodbye jeongin you were like a little brother to me."

jeongin wiped his runny nose. "bye, channie. stay safe."

jeongin hugged chan and then chan left the two brothers alone and upset.

"don't cry so, innie." sanghoon rubbed jeongin's shoulder. "he'll be back. trust me."

"i hope you're right, sanghoon." jeongin sniffled.

NOTE ‼️
i made a mistake so i
had to change the names
to make the plot make
sense. sorry for any
confusion caused.