-ˏˋ chapter three

chapter three

════᠂ ⊱✿⊰ ᠂ ════

"i'm really happy you guys are here. thank you for taking out your time to be here." felix mopped his wet eyes.

"the time difference here is crazy," jisung yawned. "nine hours behind? what the fu--"

"jisung!" jeongin snapped. "language."

"watch it kid." jisung punched jeongin's shoulder which caused the younger boy to yell out in pain.

"you two are ridiculous." minho slapped the back of jisung and jeongin's head. "we're here for a serious reason yet here you two are acting like babies."

"don't slap me," jisung muttered.

"sorry minho," jeongin said.

minho smiled at the married couple, apologetically. "sorry about them. they were bickering during the whole flight."

chan waved him of. "it's quite alright."

"well," minho swiftly changed the subject. "felix said there was a note. could we see it?"

chan nodded. "yes."

chan picked the note that was sat on the coffee table and passed it to minho. "i've read this note so many times i'm surprised the ink hasn't disappeared."

jisung and jeongin leaned over minho's shoulder to read the note.

"i recognise the handwriting." jisung took the note out of minho's fingers so he could examine it himself.

felix furrowed his eyebrows. "how?"

"chan of all people should be able to recognise this messy handwriting." jisung thrusted the note a chan. "you said you've read it many times right? clearly you haven't figured it out."

"what are you talking about?" chan's own eyes skimmed over the writing.

"seo changbin," jisung deadpanned. "your old best friend."

chan started to laugh. "no, no, no, no, no. he's dead jisung."

jeongin rolled his eyes. "exactly. i shot him. dead men can't write notes."

"or kidnap children," felix mumured.

"i know this is changbin's handwriting!" jisung exclaimed. "chan, don't you remember at all?"

chan didn't say anything with caused jisung to groan.

"look at my phone case!" jisung shoved his phone at chan.

jeongin rolled his eyes for the second time of the evening. "jisung, literally no one cares about your phone case."

jisung ignored jeongin as he watched as chan stared at the back of his phone.

"what does my case say, chan?" jisung asked softly.

"our...our 3racha stage names," chan mumured.

"written by?" jisung raised an eyebrow.

"our selves...how did i not notice? how did i not figure it out? the man who almost killed felix has my son and i didn't even realise?" chan started to tremble and felix placed his hand on his shoulder.

"we'll find him, chan. just like you said." it was now chan's turn to be reassured.

"why do you still have the case?" jeongin asked. "after all these years you still have it. even after everything changbin did, you still kept it.

jisung shrugged. "i guess i never had the heart to throw it out..."

"so what's the plan?"

seo changbin stopped sharpening his knife. he slowly placed the blade on the table beside him and slowly turned to face the younger boy who questioned him.

"what do you mean?" changbin asked tiredly. "can't you see i'm busy?"

jeno licked his dry lips and tried to stop himself from shaking. jeno was scared of changbin. everyone was. how could you not be scared? changbin was capable of anything. he was meant to be dead for god sake!

"i mean...what do we do with chan's kid?"

"oh." changbin picked up another knife and resumed his sharpening. "simple really. we'll ship him of to china. there's a lovely couple i know who will pay me good money to have him. chan will come and give himself up to get the kid back. he'll think we'll give the kid back when really the kid is on the next cargo ship to china!" changbin roared with laughter and jeno felt sick.

"what? you're shipping him to china?"

changbin rolled his eyes. "isn't that not what i said? now get lost. you're irritating me."

jeno stood up and walked out of the room. he went outside and sat beside renjun who was in the middle of stitching up his own wound on his leg.

"what's wrong?" renjun asked, eyes not leaving the gash on his leg.

"changbin," jeno said. "he's shipping jasper to china."

"i know. i wished i was going with him. china, my home. way better than fucking england. it's so boring over here. my god. imagine actually moving over here willingly. i blame jaehyun, he moved the entirety of nct here and then he suddenly runs back to korea with his loser boyfriend and then wayv fucks off to china. according to taeyong and jaehyun we 'need' to stay it england. it's like us dreamies don't even matter."

jeno frowned and turned to his friend. "you knew about changbin's plan? don't you find that sick?"

renjun shrugged. "everything we do here is sick jeno. you know that. we're a criminal gang. what do you expect us to do? donate money to charity? fuck off."

jeno sighed because he knew renjun was right. everything they did do was sick. so why was he so bothered about changbin sending jasper to another country?

renjun stopped stitching his leg and turned his attention to jeno."don't tell me you're going all soft for him?"

"no, of course not."

renjun stared jeno out for a few minutes before continuing with his leg. "good. changbin wouldn't be too pleased now would he?"

jeno shook his head. "no..."

renjun waved jeno off. "go and get me some tissue to wipe the blood off my leg."

jeno silently left and did as renjun said. that was his only purpose now. to do as everyone said.