-ˏˋ chapter nine

chapter nine

════᠂ ⊱✿⊰ ᠂ ════

"wake up."

chan's cheek stung as changbin's hand collided with his cheek for probably the hundredth time of the night.

he was sure his cheek was purple now.

changbin crouched down in front of chan. "you passed out. i thought you died."

"why would you care?" chan spat.

changbin laughed. "trust me, i don't."

chan was suprised he even managed to live so long. he had lost a significant amount of blood and his waist was starting to feel numb.

"changbin, i just got a text from chenle."

chan lifted his head up and he could just about see renjun stood beside changbin. his vision was blurry from his tears he was trying so hard to fight of.

"what did he say?" changbin asked tiredly.

"he and jisung have set of to the docks."

changbin's annoyed frown was replaced with a smile.

"good, everything is falling into place. i have chan right here and jisung and chenle are taking the truck with all the kiddie winks to the docks."

chan frowned. "what?"

"oh." changbin turned to chan. "did i not say? i no longer make money from stupid, desperate women. i make my money from children. i send them of to different countries in exchange for--"

"that's human trafficking!" chan yelled. "you can't do that! t-that's illegal!"

changbin threw his head back and roared with laughter. "and so if everything else we do here sweetie. since when was anything i ever did legal? don't forget you were on the wrong side of the law back in seoul, chan."

"i'm not like that anymore," chan mumbled.

"awww, is channie a good boy now?" changbin said in a mocking tone. "pathetic. you think because you're married with a kid and working a stable job means you're a changed person? i don't think so. use your brain. no one changes, chan."

chan's gaze fell to his lap.

"you're pathetic now," changbin said softly. "felix turned you soft. look at you. crying like a little baby."

changbin pulled a gun out of his pocket. "let me put you out of your misery and kill you right now. i don't think i can wait any longer."

changbin positioned the gun in front of chan's forehead and removed the safety lock.

"have fun in hell. maybe we'll meet again some time." changbin chuckled as he pulled the trigger.

"no!"

minho pushed chan's chair out of the way which resulted in changbin shooting minho right in the chest.

"minho!" chan screamed.

"what the fuck?" changbin mumured. "how the hell did he get in here?"

chan tried to sit himself up but he was finding it difficult.

"eh, i'll just try again." changbin positioned the gun in front of chan's head again but a bullet hit changbin's hand making  him drop the gun and scream in agony as blood ran down his arm.

jeno ran towards chan and quickly un-tied him from the chair.

chan's eyes widened. "what are you doing?"

"helping you!" jeno exclaimed.

jeno helped chan to his feet and the two rushed to minho.

changbin was too busy screaming and cursing in pain and the other boys were trying to help changbin with his wound.

chan crouched beside minho and the tears in his eyes finally escaped. "why did you do that?"

minho's was breathing deeply. the hand that was placed on his chest was coated with his own scarlet blood.

"i didn't want you to die, obviously." minho chucked but hissed in pain.

"why are you laughing?" chan pinched minho's shoulder. "this isn't a joke. you've just been shot for the second time of your life."

"and i don't think i'll survive this time," minho mumured.

chan furrowed his eyebrows. "what? why are you talking like that? we just need to get you to a hospital."

chan tried to help minho stand but his own wound started to hurt.

"you can't even walk yourself chan," minho said. "just leave me here. you don't have much time. i don't know if felix, jeongin and jisung will make it to the docks."

"to save those children--"

minho grabbed chan's hand and squeezed it. "and jasper. you need to go before changbin recovers. just tell...tell sungie i love him and i'm sorry that we couldn't get married."

chan shook his head. "you'll tell him that yourself."

jeno tugged at chan's sleeve. "chan, we must go now."

"but we can't leave minho!" chan exclaimed.

minho lifted his head up and kissed chan's forehead. "for jisung."

he rested his head on the floor again and shut his eyes.

"minho?" chan gently shook the said boy. "please don't shut you eyes."

"goodbye chris," minho murmured. "take care of jisung for me."

minho's chest was no longer rising and falling.

he was gone.

jeno helped chan to stand up and dragged him out of the room through the back door.

"i know where chenle and jisung are going so i can take you there myself," jeno said determinedly.

chan allowed jeno to drag him out of the factory and into a car park.

"why are you helping me?" chan mumured.

"because i'm not like them."

jeno propped chan against a car and then ran to the back. he unlocked the car and opened the boot and returned to chan with a first aid kit.

"i don't want you to end up dying on the way."

"maybe i won't even make it," chan mumbled. "i might even have the same fate as minho."

"no you won't." jeno started to clean chan's wound. "i won't let the happen."

he was quick to stitch it up and apply a bandage on it. "hopefully this will be okay."

jeno helped chan get into the passenger seat and he rushed to the drivers seat.

"how do i know you won't drive me some where and kill me?" chan looked at the younger boy with skepticism in his eyes.

jeno smiled. "why would i patch you up then?"

chan rested his head on the head rest and shut his eyes as tears silently streamed down his pale cheeks.

maybe jeno was trustworthy.

NOTE (📝)
minho is gone but
jeno is on chan's
side! i love jeno 😩