-ˏˋ chapter twelve

chapter twelve

════᠂ ⊱✿⊰ ᠂ ════

"i didn't know minho very well and he didn't know me at all. i don't even think he knew my name back then. i didn't know his either. i only actually found out his name when i met felix. we went to the same high school me and minho. i'm sure we had maybe one or two classes together but that was all to it. when i met him for the first time i thought he was pretty good looking...everyone did. especially jisung. he was head over heels.

jisung would go on about him all the time but i wasn't really bothered about him. he was just some other good looking guy who was popular. i regret thinking like that now. i regret not getting to know him. minho, he's someone you can rely on. someone you can trust. you could tell minho anything and he'd know exactly what to say and he'd always give the best advice.

i was happy when i saw jisung was dating someone like minho. someone who made him happy. and now...minho is gone. minho is gone because he was brave. minho is probably the most bravest person i know. how many of you would try and push someone out of the way when they're about to be shot?"

chan looked around the church and smiled when he saw the looks of uncertainty on everyone's faces. "exactly, none of you. minho died because of bravery. i will never forget the day minho saved my life. i will never forget lee minho, the bravest man i ever knew."

chan was suprised to hear everyone clapping for him when he finished his speech. his eyes landed on felix who was stood up, clapping, with a sad smile on his face and beside him was jasper who was also on his feet.

when the funeral was over chan was sat by himself on the wall, watching minho's family and friend's chatting amongst themselves.

felix sat beside chan and rested his head on his shoulder.

"do you hate me?" chan mumured.

"why would i hate you?" felix murmured back.

"because it was my fault minho died."

felix sat up straight. he wrapped his arm around chan's shoulders and the older man nestled his head in felix's kneck.

"no one blames you for minho's death, chan." felix started to play with chan's hair. "you didn't tell minho to try and shove you out of the way. heck, you didn't even know he was with you! all you knew was that minho was with me, jisung and jeongin. you had nothing to do with it. no one hates you for the decision minho made."

"jisung hates me though," chan muttered.

"he doesn't hate you," felix said firmly. "he just wants some space from you which i understand. minho died to save your life so of course jisung would feel a bit...angered by you. he may be angry but that doesn't mean he hates you. he just isn't ready to talk to you just yet."

chan sighed. "i'm just sick of waiting. i wasn't there to comfort him. i want to be there for him but he won't let me. i want to hug him as he cries on my shoulder but he won't even look at me."

felix scanned the crowd for jisung. he saw him sat on his own underneath a tree. jeongin was nearby, watching him. felix was sure jisung told the younger to leave him alone.

the only person jisung spoke to at the moment was felix. his closest and most dearest friend.

felix didn't want to return to england in the next three days. he didn't know how jisung would cope without him. yes, he had jeongin, hyunjin, seungmin and his other friends but felix was the only person who truly got him.