-ˏˋ chapter six

chapter six

════᠂ ⊱✿⊰ ᠂ ════

"he's taking way too long." changbin slammed his hand on the table which startled everyone in the room. "does he not want his pathetic son back?"

"it's not like you're going to hand him over anyways," jeno muttered but his words didn't go unheard by changbin.

"that is correct, jeno," changbin said in a more calmer tone. "i'm just becoming a little impatient. renjun, when is the truck with all the kids meant to be arriving? the sooner the kid goes the sooner i--we get the money."

"one in the morning," renjun said. "the truck should arrive at the docks at around...two?"

changbin nodded. "okay, good. when the truck arrives i want jisung and chenle to greet the driver and then he'll give you his truck. once he leaves you take casper--"

"jasper," jeno corrected his boss.

changbin slowly turned to jeno and glared at him. "do you think i fucking care?"

jeno shook his head.

"exactly. i don't care. like i was saying before i was rudely interrupted, jisung and chenle will take jasper to the truck and stick him in the empty cage inside the truck. also, before the driver leaves he'll give you the cash which was given to him from the chinese couple i was telling you all about."

everyone excluding jeno nodded their heads.

"so when chan does arrive...what will you do with him?" chenle asked.

changbin chuckled. "are you slow? where have you been for the past few months? i'm going to kill him obviously. after that i'll kill felix like i should of done that day five years ago."

jeno sighed.

how could someone hold a grudge for five years?

changbin raised an eyebrow as he pulled his pocket knife out of his pocket. "something wrong jeno?"

jeno quickly shook his head. "no. of course not."

"good." changbin twirled his knife in his fingers. "i thought i'd have to use this on you."

changbin suddenly snorted and started laughing. jisung and chenle laughed nervously with him but jeno, jaemin, renjun and donghyuck were silent.

"i'm only kidding." changbin slapped jeno's shoulder which knocked the wind out of him.

changbin stood up and pocketed his knife. "i'll be leaving first. i need to check if the kid looks presentable."

when changbin left donghyuck let out his breath which he didn't know he was even holding.

"god," donghyuck said. "even after all these years...he still scares me."

"ditto," jisung mumured.

"what are you doing?"

chan quickly shoved his gun back in his box and put the box back where it was. "nothing."

felix walked up to chan and grabbed the box. he removed the lid and furrowed his eyebrows.

"how do you have this? you couldn't have brought this from korea?"

"it's not from korea," chan mumured. "it's from here. i'm licensed. i've had a license for a few years now. i'm sorry for not telling you."

felix took the gun out of the box and placed it in chan's hand. "i don't care if you have a gun. just as long as innocent people don't get hurt."

chan nodded and felix smiled but his smile didn't reach his eyes.

"i just want to know why you even got another one in the first place." felix sat himself on their shared bed and chan sat beside him.

"my past," chan said. "i knew they'd be no escaping it so...i bought a gun just in case. i hoped i wouldn't even need to use it but..."

"now you do," felix murmured.

chan grabbed felix's hand and held it tightly. "after tonight...i won't have to ever use it again."

felix turned to his lover. "swear?"

chan kissed the corner of felix's lips. "i swear."

felix rested his head on chan's shoulder. "i love you."

chan smiled. "even after everything i put you through?"

"i almost died all thanks to you and i'll still here. what the fuck?" felix started to laugh which caused chan's heart to swell.

it has been a while since chan heard felix laugh. the last time he heard the sweet and innocent sound was before jasper was taken which was a week ago.

"i know," chan chuckled. "i don't even deserve you."

"you really don't."

felix lifted his head and kissed the tip chan's nose just to show him that he was kidding.

the knock on their bedroom door caused the couple to tense and shift away from eachother.

it was time and they knew it.

jisung popped his head around the door with a glum look on his face. "i'm sorry to interrupt but we're all ready and in the car. we just need you two."

chan nodded. "okay, we'll be down in a second."

jisung nodded and left the couple on their own.

"it's time," felix mumured.

the two australian's stood from their bed.

chan grabbed his gun and shoved it in his hoodie pocket. "are you sure you don't want to stay here?"

"i'm postive," felix said. "i want to be there to witness changbin's death...

...his real death."