Chapter Fifty

This chapter is dedicated to saron32  for all the votes on my stories. Thank you!! Your support means a lot.

Life has been slowly returning back to normal these past couple of days

Life has been slowly returning back to normal these past couple of days. Liam told me that Red went with Jayden that day as promised to get the Journal. He told me she said Louis looked defeated and that he barely said a word even when Jayden gave him a good beating. He is flying back to London tomorrow, even though the doctor told him to at least wait for a couple of weeks before flying. Good riddance! I wonder what his parents will say when he shows up all bruised.

Jayden has been keeping to himself, and I've respected his space. I know that he needs time to process everything. It's almost like he is grieving all over again, and I feel for him. But the thing that's filled me with happiness is seeing him and Liam, actually exchanging hello's in the halls. They are by no means friends, but peace has returned where there was once chaos. And progress, no matter how small, is something to celebrate.

"Take this." Mom hands me the plate of peanut butter cups she made yesterday when I grab blueberries for a snack.

"I was trying to be healthy, but okay." I take it from her with a smile.

"You can be healthy when you're my age, sweetie. This is the time to enjoy all the junk food you can." She says, taking the blueberry's from me, and I raise my brows.

"I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be giving advice like that as a doctor. Or as a mother."

She just rolls her eyes, taking a sip from her wine.

I grin and hurry up the stairs. Usually, I spend my Fridays at Liam's, but today Anna couldn't watch the twins, and mom had a late shift at the hospital, so I had to go pick them up from soccer practice. Luckily, Liam is spending the night here, and that's more than good enough for me. Unfortunately, we have a bunch of assignments due after Christmas break. Way to make us enjoy the festivities!

I open the door to my bedroom with a smile, ready to present the treat.

"Guess what our snack is gonna be?"

Piercing Hazel eyes meet mine filled with an accusation, and my smile drops.

"What's wrong?"

Liam turns my laptop around, and he shows me the browser window I stupidly left open. Sophia's Instagram page stares right at me.

Shit!

"Liam, I can explain." My hands shake, and I nearly drop the plate.

"Explain what? How you've been going behind my back to research my mother?" His harsh tone nearly knocks me on my ass.

"It's not like that. I just wanted to see how she was doing. And I hoped that maybe—" I trail off.

"You hoped what, Jess?" He snaps.