Chapter Sixty-one

This chapter is dedicated to tiffanymariegregory for always being one of the first few people to leave votes on my chapters. I see you ;) thank you so much!!

"Wow!" Jeremy says, taking a sip from the little juice cartoon

"Wow!" Jeremy says, taking a sip from the little juice cartoon. "And why did he leave for New York?"

"His father asked him to come. Long story." I sigh.

"And he still hasn't reached out?" He asks.

"No." I tuck my hair behind my ears. "What if he doesn't forgive me?"

"You didn't actually cheat on him, Jess. People say things when they are upset. I'm sure he will understand. He probably just needs time."

I nod.

I just miss him so much it hurts. All I seem to be able to do is stare at my phone. If the damn thing had a mouth, it would tell me to look away.

"I'm planning to see Steff after school. Are you coming with?" He asks.

"Yeah. I miss her. It's weird not having her here."

"I know, right? She would have had something cheerful to say. She makes light of everything." He smiles, and my heart aches for him.

How can Steff not see the love he has for her?

"She is not gonna like it when she finds out you punched Ryan," I tell him.

I was shocked when I heard the girls talking about it in the locker room during gym class. Apparently, Ryan took it like a champ. When I saw him earlier, he had a black eye. And I felt awful for him because I know what he goes through at home.

"Hey, hottie. You ready?" Penelope Delacruz asks, sitting next to Jeremy and encircling her arms around his middle. "You promised you would help me with Pre Calc. I feel like my brain cells are dying a painful death whenever I solve an equation." She groans before turning to me with a smile. "Hey, Jess."

"Hey." I return her smile.

"You gonna be okay?" Jeremy eyes me with worry.

"Oh, yeah. Go ahead." I give him a reassuring smile.

He nods and gets up after her.

"Help me!" He mouths to me before walking away, and I chuckle.

***

I sit there for a while, watching people laughing and chatting. I look at Liam's empty seat, and I close my eyes, trying to picture him in New York. I wonder what he is up to right now.

My hands come up to trace the little heart on the necklace he gave me for Christmas. He said his love for me wasn't finite. I sincerely hope that's still the case.

My phone vibrates, making me snap my eyes open. I open the text message, smiling.

My other half,