~CHAPTER EIGHT~

'Ding dong' the bell rang. I ran out of the kitchen, where I was trying to write a new food time table she can follow.
"Good morning ma. Please come in " I said as I opened the door for Mrs Okafor.
"Good Morning ma. Thank you" she said as she walked in.
"Osayuki! Oghosa!" I shouted their names, they were getting ready for school, I had gotten Ekina ready for school and I allowed her to sleep for some time before breakfast is ready.
"I was actually polishing my shoe. Why the heck are you calling me? Is the breakfast ready?" Osayuki came down the stairs with his school shirt unbuttoned.
"No___ um Yuki, Oghosa meet your new nanny, Mrs Okafor" I said introducing
her.
"Nanny!" Yuki said irritably.
"She is old" Oghosa said frowning.
"shut up your mouth and greet!" I scolded them.
"Good morning ma" they greeted grudgingly.
"How are of you all?" Mrs Okafor greeted with a smile that showed a wrinkle at the coner of her lips. The boys had a shocked expression on their face.
"They are fine don't mind them, I didn't tell them that they were going to have a nanny" I said since they refused to reply and to avoid further embarrassment. The boys walked angrily to their rooms to prepare for school.

❇️ ❇️ ❇️

"Nora, what did you do?" Osayuki asked me as we trekked down the street to the bus stop where their school bus halts to pick them up."I thought you promised us, you said we are going to stop daddy from getting one. Now you ___" he complained bitterly.
"Oh yes! Is there a problem with what I did. Daddy doesn't know yet that I have employed a nanny, but you see I just had to do it myself, because I know if dad does it himself he will bring Miss Nike to this house and that is more problem" I explained.
He shook his head and sighed deeply in dissatisfaction.
"Yuki, I know what you are avoiding. See I Prayed to God about this issue and I think he is the one who gave me this idea about writing on a notice board about a Nanny wanted. He answered my prayers by giving me Mrs Okafor "
"but she is old and worst of all her English is bad. How can she say 'how are of you all?' She could simply have said' how are you.' " Oghosa said and pouted his small round lips.
"Who did you expect? If she is bad at spoken English, then teach her." I said angrily and eyed him .
"I was expecting someone like my teacher. Who is young and beautiful"
"Silly boy!"I said and laughed.
Soon the school bus arrived and they entered except from Ekina who clung to me and didn't want to let go of me.
"No, don't do this. You will have lot of friends to play with in school"
She started crying. "I will buy icecream for you. Come on,don't cry " The bus attendant came down and carried her into the bus petting her.
"Bye" I waved at them and blew a kiss.
Around 9pm, my Dad had come back from work. Mrs Okafor had assisted me in taking care of my siblings and they had gone to bed before my Dad arrived. Mrs Okafor was the one who opened the door to let my Dad in.
"Good evening sir. Let me carry your bag sir" she said. As she was about to collect the bag, Mr Osayande restrained her. "Nora!" My dad yelled my name, this time I was in my room already picturing the scene that will be created.
"Yes da__ sir" I said running down the stairs.
"May I know who she is please?"
"She's the nanny" I muttered.
"Nan___ What?"
"I thought you said you wanted one? " I snapped.
"Yes! How did you know her and when did she resume work?"
"This question does not matter because, I've done what you wanted. She started work today. Mrs Okafor sorry for the argument, you can go to your room " I said with a sheepish grin.
"Hey! Woman come back here, this is my house and I am the only one to give orders "My dad shouted in fury at both of us. I wasn't scared at what my dad was going to do next, but if he drives this woman away, I will not go to REGENT and his woman will be tortured. Oh yes! I will make it happen.
"Nora! Go to your room!" My dad said raging in anger, he removed his suit , loosened his tie and threw them on the couch close to him and dropped his computer bag on the floor. "Nora! For the last time I repeat, go your room! "
"What are you going to do if I don't ? See dad I can't watch you bring that harlot to these house and You can't deceive me on getting a nanny when I know it is Miss Adenike you are planning on bringing as the nanny"
I yelled in anger as tears rolled down my cheeks. My dad gave me a hot slap that I was expecting for weeks. I didn't do anything of course I couldn't do anything, I glared at him with my eyes that were already red from crying.
"Mrs, do you have any belonging?" My dad asked with a polite tone that still revealed some anger in it.
"Yes sir, I___ I bring some come. Na your wife say make I should bring it. " she answered stamerring with fear. I am sure she thought my dad will slap her next.
"Which wife?" My dad asked confused looking at her then, his eyes fell on me. I looked at the floor using my eyes to trace the design of the multicoloured tiled floor.
"This Woman sir" she said pointing to me.
"Now I know the kind of daughter I have" My dad muttered angrily to himself and smiled.
I walked away in embarrassment. I flung my door open and closed it. I slumped with my knee on my bed hitting my head on my pillow and screaming.
"Mummy! Mummy! Why? " I said crying uncontrollably. "God what is your problem, it seems as if this plan is going fail again. I am sorry but, I don't just know what to do. You said in Psalm 4:3b that you will hear me when I call you. Please hear me. Hear me Lord. I am sick and weary of this whole situation. " I said, holding my pillow for comfort and starred at the white ceiling for sometimes and dozed off.