~CHAPTER TEN~

It was a silent drive. The Lagos road was busy with vehicles and pedestrians. Every road we passed was lit with street lights, Lagos was more beautiful than I thought, maybe because I don't go out much that's why I haven't had a good view of Lagos. I gasped at the sight of a sculptured colourful water gushing out of a black water pot carried by a woman with a baby swaddled at her back.
"Whoever did this must have won an award. Wow! Look at the way it makes the street coruscate in the night." I said looking back as we drove pass it.
"Lagos is beautiful. The moment we learn to appreciate something, we start seeing the beauty." my dad said as we entered the car park of the airport.
"I've always appreciated where I come from dad. I have never wished to be from any other country. I am proudly Nigerian. I am sure other state have beautiful things too."
"Yeah! That is why the british colonial masters stole some .Nevertheless, tourist still come to Nigeria. We are the best and we will beat the best" my dad said and winked at me.
"Amen. There is a lot of things Nigeria needs to achieve o! This afternoon while I was preparing, you need to see how I was sweating."
"Ah Light issue! God will help us. Carry this bag, let me unload the boot." he said giving me my big hand bag.
"I can't believe I'm leaving. I wish we could discuss all day." I said using my fist to clean my eyes. He raised my head up and rubbed my chin affectionately.
"Let's go. We need to check in" he said as he took the last luggage out and locked the boot.
We took another way out of the car park into the airport. The bag carrier assisted us in carrying my luggages to where they will be searched for any form of contraband. I was escorted by my dad to where I will board the plane. He hugged me and drew in his breathe.
"There is not much to say or do you want me to start tutoring you over again?"
"No. I am just nervous"
"Don't be scared, we've prayed. There will be no plane crash, you will arrive safely and I will hear from you in California" he said assuringly.
"I will miss you, home and everything" I said hugging on tighter.
"When you get there , you won't want to come back. America is fun__ "
"Yes, but not as the people you have known for years. There__ gosh, the racist and everything, the earthquake. There are lot of scaring thing to think about."
"Have you thought of 2Timothy1:7?"
"God has not given me the spirit of fear, but he has given me the spirit of love, power and__"
"sound mind" we said together." I got to start going now, the pilot is on seat already. Go and settle down. God is with you. Always RAP everyday." he said as the door closed.
"RAP? Wait!" I sighed softly and laughed at the statement. I walked into the plane and settled down.

❇️ ❇️ ❇️

"The house is so boring now. Noredia is gone, no more jokes and stories" Oghosa said as he covered himself with his blue blanket with Mickey mouse pictures.
"Stop talking. I am trying to sleep." Yuki said irritated.
"I am not talking to you dry bone."Oghosa hissed and put off his lamp.
"Hey, put that on!" Osayuki said sitting up brusquely.
"What? Are you going to beat me? You can turn yours on. Huh__ maybe you didn't charge it this evening when the generator was put on. So you are among the five foolish virgins who lacked oil in their lamps."
Oghosa laughed.
"Wa__ what are you trying to say now. I am saving mine cos, I am going to read in the midnight. On the other hand, you are foolish because, you are also going to read too and your light is not as bright as mine. You have been using using yours and I kept mine" Yuki laughed at him.
"Both of us are foolish okay? Fifty fifty"
"No! You are" Osayuki said laughing mischieviously.
"Don't worry I will use yours to read."
"You will not try it"
"You used my lamp to get ready for church, so I will use yours to read for tomorrows exam."
"Tommorow? My__when will you know the day of the week? "Osayuki said mockingly.
"Check the time porky." Oghosa said putting on his lamp.
Yuki looked at the big blue round clock on the white wall.
"Damn!" he said hitting his forehead in startling realisation, it was midnight already and he had not slept.
"I guess I am not the fool at the end of the day." Oghosa said and put off his lamp.
"Who is a fool and why are you guys not sleeping?"
"Dad!" Oghosa screamed in excitement.
"Welcome. She is gone?" Yuki said putting on his lamp.
"Finally" Oghosa said falling flat on his bed with a wide grin.
"She is. Oghosa you wanted her to go?" Mr Osayande said.
"He is talking to me." Yuki said angrily.
"You guys were arguing earlier?"
"Yes. It was about the Foolish virgins and Wise virgins."
"he called me foolish cause he thought, I didn't charge my lamb."
"And at the end of the day he found out he was the foolish one, because he was actually saving the light to read for midnight but he has not slept." Oghosa said and laughed.
"He caused everything dad, I was trying to sleep and he just came up with some horrible gist that led to an arguement at the end of the day. I am just tired of this boy, his mouth just runs like tap. I need to buy padlock for his mouth. "
Mr Osayande laughed."Do you know my judgement for both of you?"
"What judgement?"Oghosa asked.
"I know ground us from watching TV for a year." Yuki said as he got out of bed to sit at his study table.
"Oh! I remember, last year dad did it, it was fun."
"Fun? It won't be fun this time" Mr Osayande said as he sat in Yuki's bed."but that's not the judgement. Yuki you are moving to Nora's room "
"Yeah! Thanks dad" Yuki threw his fist in the air with triumph.
"No!"Oghosa screamed.
"What is No?" Mr Osayande asked.
"I can't sleep in this room alone"
"Are you scared?" Yuki said mockingly.
"I don't just want to sleep alone"
"That means you are scared. This is a great way to overcome fear. Yuki you are moving in tommorow. Sweet dreams, say a little prayer okay. Yuki you can switch on the light, I think they've restored it."
"Thanks dad. Sweet dreams too". He said and danced around.
"Thank you God. Help me understand as I read and make Nora land safely." He said and flipped his Chemistry textbook to the place he last read.
"God why are you being unfair?" Oghosa cried.
"Ho ho! Ha ha! Today is my day." Yuki teased.
"Today will only be your day. Tommorow is going to be mine. It's my birthday" Oghosa stucked his tongue out and hissed.
"Oh yeah. You are going to be eight. Happy eighth birthday in advance porky? "
"Are you__" he laughed, the illumination in the room made his teary eyes sparkle.