~CHAPTER TWENTY~

It was an exciting ride to the camp out location. It was a forest area but the sight was lovely.
We alighted from the church bus with our sleeping bags. We queued up, to collect our tent equipment. Three persons were to sleep in a tent.
"Buenos días" A pretty tall girl with light skin and black hair having a green tint greeted as she entered the tent.
"Welcome" I replied and smiled even if I didn't know the meaning of what she said.
"Me llamo Olivia Perez."
"Pardon me, I don't understand the language you speak."
She dropped her sleeping bag to the ground and squatted to unpack her things."Oops!" she laughed hitting her fore head. "I am sorry, it's my habit. I forgot you're not Mexican. Hi. I am Olivia Perez" she interpreted in English, still having the Spanish accent.
"I am glad you can speak English. I am Noredia Osayande from Nigeria but I am schooling here in California."
"Nice to meet you." she extended her hand.
"You are welcome." I said shaking her hand.
"Geez! Mosquito....oes, everywhere!" A girl complained as she entered our tent.
"How may we help you?" Olivia asked the confused blonde who was looking around the tent with a distasteful look on her face.
"I don't need your help. Ouch!" she screamed as she slapped her shoulder with the aim of killing the little mosquitoes which was futile.
"The mosquitoes love you that's why they are all over you." Olivia teased.
"Will you shaddap! " she yelled."Do you think I stink like you"
"I am sorry ,I was only joking" Olivia apologized.
"Go to hell! " she threw her bag to she ground and bent over to remove her boots.
"Olivia it's okay. Don't mind her" I whispered softly.
"I am fine" she said forcing a smile.
Heaven knows that if the blonde spoke to me that way, I would have given her a piece of my mind. I won't hesitate before I retaliate. I admired the way Olivia handled the issue. That is absolutely the way God wants his people to behave.
"I have mosquitoe repellent cream. Do you care for?" Olivia said showing the blonde who was now sitting on the bed scratching all over her body which was already red.
"Nah!" she replied rudely and looked away.
Few minutes later one of the group leaders came to the entrance of our tent to announce.
"Attention!!! You are to assemble outside now."
I zipped the tent open and walked out inhaling the fresh scent of nature in the cool evening breeze.
Hundreds of Youths sat around the fire that burned in the middle.
"A wonderful evening to Bethel youth group! I am so glad that all of you are present. First and foremost I want us to introduce ourselves 'cause we have new people in our midst. You'll stand up, telling us your name and why you came here. I go first" the young man adressing us stood up." My name is Jeremiah Newton, The youth Pastor of Bethel youth Church, California. I came here to get inspired by God's word. You? " He pointed to the next person beside him.
"My name is Wilhelmina Gibert. The desire to spend sometime alone with God is the reason I came here."
"Jared McAllister. I came here so that God can show me my future wife."
"Like seriously? Is that some kind of a prayer request?" Mr Newton asked the black muscular guy.
"Some___kind of" he replied and sounds of laughter filled the air.
"I never wanted to be come here in the first place, My mum forced me to come because she thinks I am her sturbborn daughter. Anyway I am Amber Lockhart" she snapped. I squinted in the dim light trying to see the girl that was talking.
"Oh the blonde girl! The rude one. No wonder." I muttered under my breathe and chuckled.
Soon it was my turn. I stood up. Stretching my body I looked around seeing everyone's face lit up with the burning fire that provided warmth in the cold evening.
"Hello everyone. I am glad to be here. My name is Noredia Osayande. I came here to have a supernatural experience with God. Thank you" I said boldly in my most delightful tone.
Others introduced themselves too. The night ended with roasting of meat kebab . Later on we went to our various tent.

❇️ ❇️ ❇️

I was woken up by the shout of Amber's voice. I rolled to my back and looked at her. She was sitting cross-legged on her bed facing the exit of the tent.
"Mum! Why did you deceive me. You told me this was a fun packed summer camp. I hate it here! I want to come back home ." she yelled on phone.
"Atleast, it's better than spending the whole day with your worthless friends who don't add value to you!" the caller
yelled back.
"They aren't worthless, they mean the whole world to me."
"Is that why you didn't tell me why you have a tatoo on your back? Amber be warned. I hope you change there. " the caller said and hung up.
"Mum! M__um. Oh please" I heard her sob.
I sat up straight. I turned to see Olivia who was fast asleep like a baby.
I stood up and stretched my worn out body. My butt was still aching from the long time I sat in the bus.
I zipped open the tenth to go out to use the girls restroom. On my way back to my tent, I saw someone.

The Angel. What's his name again?

I smiled as I saw him walking towards my direction.
"What a surprise!" I grinned
"You are in my school. Right?" He hugged me which I never expected.
"I've only seen you once. You helped me find my way." I said as he released me from his tight hug.
"Noredia Osayande?"
I laughed surprised at how he knew my name.
"Are you surprised? I heard you introduce yourself last night during the__ "
"Wow! It's so fascinating, how you can pronounce my name correctly." I interrupted.
"I did? Thank God!You know mine?"
"I'm sorry I don't. You've told me before but, I didn't pay attention."
"Brendon Thayer. I am a Medicine student in Regent. What about you?"
"Nutrition and Dietetics student"
"Hmm___ so you can cook, create menu for me__ awesome!" he smiled revealing the dimples on his both cheeks.
I blushed.
"What do you want to do today?"
"Don't know. Do you attend this church?"
"No. I was given the leaflet by one of the youth, she is my neighbour. "
"Is she here?"
"Yes. Miss Samantha Barney"
"That name sounds familiar."
"You know her? By the way ,are you joining the afternoon games today- hunting, fishing. You know?"
"I might join but, I don't even know how to do any of them."
"It doesn't matter. It's easy. You'll be taught. I gotta go now. I was on my way to brush my teeth, I am sure you were just bearing the foul smell of my breathe." he said covering his mouth.
"Ha!" I laughed holding my stomach.
"What? I am being sincere but you are not. You could have told me that my mouth stinks. "
"I never smelt anything even when you hugged me but__ I kind of smelt poopoo" I teased.
He laughed and jogged away.
"See ya later " I yelled.