Chapter Eight

There was a very unconscious silence when I pulled my eyes open, but what worried me immediately was that my right eye was staring at the ceiling but there was completely no sight from my left eye, but I could feel my socket opening. I blinked a few times to rid of the blurriness of my right eye before slowly attempting to sit up but was immediately stopped by a hand coming to my chest, holding me completely still. I reached up with my fingers grasping the air, the anesthesia hasn't worn off just yet but I attempted to grab at the held holding me firmly in place and whack it off me. 

"S... m..." I attempted to tell the person to back off by staying 'stop-touching-me' but it came out completely jumped. 

I ended up growing weak as I slumped back against the bed while breathing heavily through the oxygen mask, I reached up to attempt to pry the black mass on my left eye but the hand firmly stopped me. 

"Damn you're a persistent little shit." I heard a voice mutter beside me and it sounded oddly like the guard from before I passed out. 

I relaxed slightly but that didn't calm me because I still couldn't see! I wanted the heaviness of the cotton patches on my left eye to be removed but I guess they were keeping something from making my eye worse. I faintly remember the nurse saying something about my eyeball dying and I guess they had repaired it, I hope they repaired it or I was going to finally kick the shit out of Freddie if they took my eyeball out. I heard the beeping of machines going haywire as I tried to relax myself but it was useless, the thought of having one eyeball pierced my mind and sent me into panic mode. I found sudden strength as I started to fight at the hands holding me in place as the guard and another set of hands attempted to restrain me, it was a futile fight against them but I didn't hesitate to fight anyway.

"Calm down, Mr. Maroon! You're in the infirmary, you've lost your left eye an-"

"NO!" I sobbed loudly, this was a nightmare, somebody wake me the fuck up already! "NOOOOO!"

This was a nightmare, there was no way in hell I lost my left eye, they were lying. I prayed they were lying as I felt cotton straps secure around my arms to hold them down as a needle gently pricked my skin before entering with a searing burn. I sobbed loudly as tears leaked from right eye, and I couldn't reach up and wipe them away as I shook my head left and right ferociously, they were lying! They had to be lying! I choked as one of the hands released me to reposition my oxygen mask as I took heavy breaths of oxygen, I opened my right eye and stared past the blurriness as I sobbed quietly now. I felt like I was floating, I didn't want to think anymore because I no longer had the strength as I closed my eye again and happily allowed the sleep to overtake me. 

I stared at the white wall with a blank face, not really seeing but seeing the cracks of the concrete wall as I patiently waited for Dr. Harper to return with my medicine for the fifth time today. My left bottom eyelid was itching but I couldn't bring myself to even move my fingers close to my empty socket, I was disgusted. I sniffed and looked over as the curtain moved and Dr. Harper appeared with a small cup of pills, I knew one of them were for the pain that I would be feeling very soon. Almost on cue, my right eye started to twitch as I curled my lip while staring at her with an unamused face. It's been literally twenty-four hours since I've been in this stupid exam room and I was ready to go back to my bunk, even if it meant I had to walk out of here yelling and fighting. Luckily, it didn't resort to that because Dr. Harper simply nodded her head when I told her I would rather recover in my bunk instead of in the clean examination room. 

"Took you long enough." I huffed, taking the cup she offered as she rolled her eyes, at least she has two of them. 

I didn't hesitate as I threw the pills in the cup into my mouth before taking a swig of the water bottle sitting beside my resting area, I swallowed them instantly and took a heavy breath while shaking my head because I was still in disbelief. I lost my left eye. I was already ugly and then for me to lose an eye, I have the devil playing my field, that's for sure. I couldn't wait for Freddie to bicker at me about how ugly I was for sure now, he'd probably throw up at the sight of me and probably never want to touch me again. It's his fault. No it's not, it's mine. Stupid conscious, and Dr. Harper and I arguing about me trade bunks didn't make Freddie's and I situation better. I cracked my neck before rising to my feet slowly, Dr. Harper had previously checked my vitals and because she didn't wanna argue, she simply agreed to have me come check with her twice a day.