Chapter Fifteen

Past the first obstacle, the track had stretched back out and we now had more room to move freely back and forth but Hart wasn't too fond of us being so close and was constantly ricocheting bullets off the bars, and the sound was giving me a headache. Freddie hit the gas harder, jarring us backwards into the seats and we soon because nose to nose with Hart like we had Will. Freddie glanced over in my direction to look at Hart through my tinted and barred window, and I could make out Hart's figure as he attempted to drive faster than us. I watched as Hart's partner, the female with the red hair flipped us the bird and that pissed me off that she did that to us, she didn't even know us. 

"You know what, Big Daddy..." I said, catching Freddie's attention. "Flame 'em."

A big grin came over Freddie's face, probably because he also enjoyed me calling him by his sexy name, and he hit the gas even harder if possible and we flew past their car while Freddie manuevered so he was right in front of them. Will and Hart nearly collided as Will had tired to gain speed on us but failed, Hart started to then shoot at Will's car with the M240 Machine Gun. I looked over at Freddie just as he worked on angling himself with Hart's car while we were still speeding towards the first corner of the track. 

"Hit that red switch, baby." Freddie smirked and his wish was my command.

I hit the switch he told me to and watched as flames roared behind us, blasting at Hart's front bumper and it was hot enough to start melting at it as the flames licked along it. I smirked as Freddie nodded the success while Will must of got tired of getting shot at because suddenly he fired a missle from the single RPG-7 mounted atop of his car roof straight at Hart's back bumper. I watched in shock as the car flew up in the sky, my mouth fell open as Hart's car flipped forward and there was nothing they could do about it. It landed upside down with a loud crash, causing the people watching to go crazy as we had our first wipeout and only moments later the West Mafia's vehicle caught aflame. 

"Did you see that shit, Freddie?" I asked in shock, what if he hit us with a missle?

"The dumb fuck don't have a way to refill it." Freddie calmed me. "Not until the second race, or until he makes a pitstop."

"Okay." I tried to calm myself. 

It made sense to why Will hadn't used the missle so soon, it was his only one and if he needed it for something else, he was going to be out of luck and forced to use other weapons to help him. I looked forward as we moved to third place. I curiously peeked through the back window to see Moolah had gained on us with Soraj not too far behind, and part of me believed he was going to try and taunt Freddie once he got here. He seemed to like taunting people whenever it benefited him, I looked over at Freddie as he turned his flame switch off and the licking fires retreated back inside as we skidded the first corner of the track.

"Freddie, copy?" The walkie-talkie cracked awake, I quickly reached and grabbed it.

"Freddie, copy." I repeated back to Mickey.

"No, you're supposed to say Barbie, copy." Mickey said.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, Barbie, copy." I huffed. "What, Mickey?" I said impatiently.

I moved the walkie-talkie cloesr to my ear and listened closely as gunshots run through the air all around us. I seriously didn't have time for Mickey's peewee brain because we were in a life or death situation, and I seriously couldn't wait to live and tell this story. 

"Machete's was in first place but he just got wiped out by Banners via shotgun point five seconds ago." Mickey informed me, his voice cracking momentarily. "They're in first place now, two people down."

"Machete's eliminated, Banners in first place." I summed up to Freddie, he slowly nodded in understanding. "Six more people to go. That it?"

"No," Mickey said, "Harper just changed the rules."