Chapter Eleven

It was Wednesday and Friday was literally around the corner, I was on edge about racing but Freddie was so pumped that I was too scared to back out on him last minute. I hadn't seen the car he had chosen, I just knew that he grabbed a blueprint and told me that he'd be back soon, he was hiding something probably. I had only one request when he had asked me what should do to his car, and he had laughed so hard that tears were pouring down his face, but I thought the idea was definitely forgotten. But, as I stood staring at the vehicle that Freddie would be racing in with complete awe. 

It was my second time seeing the 2010 Dodge Challenger that was a dusty black with dents in various places, the paint was mostly scratched away from previous fights but it was still in very good condition. I walked closer and slowly ran my hand over the hood as Freddie was busy conversating with a guy named Eddie, who had touched up the car to the best of his ability. The first time Freddie had brought me to the garage to see the car, it was still in it's older, beaten shape with a headlight completely ripped out and the back passenger window smashed in. The car had been completely remodeled since I had first seen it, the front of the car had set of vertical bladed push bars on the front if Freddie wanted to ram into someone else's car. 

The hood was completely reconstructed and reinforced with bars covering both the windshield and the back window, as well as the once crushed passenger back window to reinforce it. Doing a circle of the car starting at the driver's side, Freddie's window was completely reinforced with more bars than the other windows with his decision on tint and solid black metal so no one could shoot through it. The back driver's side window was more of a defense mechanism with a sliding window instead of a regular window that rolled down, but it was only accessible from the inside of the car. The sliding window was currently open and I could make out two M4A1s laying in the back, I guess that was one of the things Freddie told the guard to get him. 

As well as something else that glimmered but I couldn't tell from the looming darkness of the car, I decided it was probably nothing important and circled to the back to find that Freddie had took heave with my request. The backside corner of the car had a little three-color, uneven rainbow near the bumper, it was small but it was just as adorable as I had imagined as a big smile came to my face and Freddie gently swatted me on the butt. I laughed as I leaned against him while he took time to analyze his new ride as well. The passenger side was also heavily enforced, which I gladly thanked Eddie for as he shooed me off with a ginger smile. 

I looked at the M61 Vulcan secured through the back window with tinted glass and enforced bars that would ricochet bullets if they weren't shot perfectly between them, and that was a very slim chance. I reached forward and lightly touched the trunk of the car before leaning on it while Freddie stared at his car for a minute before looking at me, the excitement burned in his gaze as I simply smiled and shook my head at him. He was like a child on Christmas, eager to finally get his toy and something about that gave me relief because he was willing to do all this, even if it meant for nothing... and I was going to be doing it with him. 

"Like it, Barbie?" Turner asked, gesturing to the rainbow in particular. "How's that for art?" He boasted.

"It's terrible." I said then laughed as Freddie smiled and shook his head, looking at the rainbow with a look of humor because hew as probably thinking the same thing. "But, it's well appreciated."

Eddie stepped forward, getting our attention as he looked at the rainbow as well and grimaced, probably upset that it didn't contrast with his and Freddie's deadly weapon of a vehicle, but I liked it. It was as if that Rainbow was giving Freddie a touch of me, and plus I was also riding in the vehicle and asked for my input, which I gladly gave him. I smiled at Freddie as he wrapped his arm around before perking up as if he suddenly remembered something.