Chapter Seventeen

"Mike stop by looking for you." I said, looking up at Freddie as he paused his shaving before turning to look at me.

He glanced at me for a second before he went back to shaving the rest of the hair off his chin then reaching up to unbraid his dreads so they were now falling to his shoulders once more, he normally wear it pulled back in a ponytail but he look so sexy with them hanging. I reached into my mouth and toyed with my tongue ring for a second before realizing my fingers being in my mouth wasn't such a good idea, they were probably contained with bacteria anyway. 

I cocked my head lightly at Freddie as I waited for him to say something, at least confirmation that he heard what I said to him. Freddie glanced at me for a second time before slowly nodding while going to rinse his face, I rose an eyebrow at his behavior as he sighed while grabbing a towel to dry his face and the tip of his dreads. I pushed a strand of pink hair out of my face while reaching back to check that the cheetah-print banana clip that Mautrice gave me didn't snap in half like the first one he allowed me to borrow. 

"You look so pretty with that pink, baby." Freddie said, I wasn't sure if he was trying to avoid the conversation or actually was awestruck. 

I smiled happily though, glad that he was happy about the way my hair turned out, and it was even starting to grow on me as well. I found myself staring at my reflection since we returned to the cell and Freddie left to handle some of his business before tomorrow's race. A blush came over my face next, butterflies settled in my stomach and I felt anxious as he sized me up, part of me believe he was looking for a flaw. I slid Butterfinger from my lap and rose to my feet just as Freddie moved clsoer to me and pulled into a tight embrace, his hold was strong and unnerving as if he was scared to release his lock on me. I laid my ear against his chest and listened to the soft rhythm of his heart thumping a quick beat, he seemed upset but I definitely didn't want to get on that topic right now.

"We're okay, Freddie." I reminded him softly, now wrapping my arms around him as well. "We're gonna be okay."

"It's not us I'm worried about..." He whispered. 

I frowned up in confusion before it dawned on me that Freddie was nervous about leaving everyone else, he was scared of leaving Turner, Lloyd and Mautrice, and even probably Mickey by themselves. I sympathized as I had started to see them as family myself and it caused my heart to ache at the thought of them being the main ones around. Would it come to the time when VL Gang was no longer a known gang in North Acres prison? I bit my lip in thought as I met Freddie's disdain eyes and immediately wanted to cuddle him close to my chest, so that's what I did. 

"Let's cuddle." I told him with a pleading pout and much to my thankfulness, he obliged. 

I crawled into his bunk first, taking up space near the wall as Freddie crawled in next and rested his head against my stomach, I laid my head on his pillow and his scent was nearly suffocating me to a happy death. I breathed his scent in deeply, savoring the smell of him as he threw his arm over my waist and held onto me tightly, I reached my hand down and started to play with his dreads the way he liked me to. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the peace of the atmosphere as Freddie simply released a sigh and sigh, deep in his thoughts as his thumb lightly brushed back and forth over my lower stomach. 

"Tony got Mike sent to solitary before him and Baby won the last race." Freddie informed me. 

"Why?" i asked, curious to the back story behind that situation. 

"Warden Harper had Mike doing her bidding, that's how she kept tabs on the VL Gang-"

"He was snitching?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, but in the hood way of snitching."

"Hood way?" I asked curiously, nearly laughing at Freddie's words. "There's a hood way to snitch?"