10

Saturday

     Saturday. Today is homecoming. Avia said she was coming over to get ready with me. Meaning I'm not getting out of my pajamas until it's about time.
     Ok. Avia is here and she's showering in my bathroom right now. Then I have to shower. Once those are done Avia has me do her makeup and hair first which is just natural glam and down and beach waved. She now is doing my hair. She curled my hair and is now doing natural makeup. We both put our dresses and heels on and the look is complete. My outfit is^^^. "Girls! Your dates are here!" Mom calls and Avia and I walk downstairs. I see Jackson's jaw drop as he looks at Avia. "Holy Jesus Christ my baby is fucking beautiful!" Jackson says. Jackson and Avia have been dating for a while now and I'm not sure why he doesn't hang out with us during school. "You look, beautiful princess," Hayden says and kisses my head. "Shall we go?" Hayden says and holds out his hand for me to grab. "Absolutely," I say, and grab his hand. We get outside and Jackson says "I call shotgun!" "Um absolutely fucking not. My car. My princess gets shotgun. You can sit in the back with yours." Hayden says and opens the door for me. "Yeah Jackson. You should know that." Avia says as she and I get in the car. The ride is full of talking and laughing and just having fun. Tonight is going to be fun. We get there and take pictures and then go inside.
     It's been an hour and homecoming has been so much fun. I'm not sure why I didn't go last year. Wait, yes I am. I didn't have a date and I would have just been third-wheeling a whole bunch of couples. "Hey, guys!" I hear Tegan say and see her walk over to us. Almost immediately everyone jumps in front of me. Jeez. "Hi, Tegan," Avia says clearly not happy to see Tegan. "Hey, Haybear," Tegan says. Haybear was her nickname for Hayden when they were dating. "Tegan. Stop calling me that. We're done." Hayden says. "Haybear come on you know you miss this." She says. "Nope. Not one bit. I have a beautiful girlfriend who I love very much and I honestly think is way prettier than you." He says and I blush. "You mean Annie? Where is she anyway?" Tegan says. "She skipped. You know how she is." Brooke says. Um, excuse me. I'm right here. "Typical," Tegan says. Which honestly is accurate. "Tegan. Go away." Gavin says. "No. I want to dance with Haybear," Tegan says. "Absolutely not," Hayden says. You know what. Screw what they said about her I'm going to walk around them and greet Tegan properly. "Hey, Tegan!" I say. "Hey, Annie. Where were you?" She asks. "Behind them," I say. "You are tiny. I guess I just didn't see you!" She says. "Maybe," I say. "So you and Hayden came together?" She asks. "Yep," I say and see him walk over to me. "As friends?" Tegan asks. "No. Tegan. Annie and I are dating. Like girlfriend and boyfriend." He says and wraps his arms around my waist. "Um no. Haybear. You are my boyfriend. Silly boy." She says. "No Tegan. You and I broke up. Now leave us alone." Hayden says. I'm starting to think what everyone said about Tegan is true. "No. You and I are dating. We never broke up. We just took some time for ourselves." Tegan says now clearly getting ticked off. "No. You and I broke up. Annie and I are dating. You and I will never be together again because you are a stuck up, controlling bitch." Hayden says. "Haybear. You can't be serious. You love me!" Tegan says extremely loudly. "Maybe there was a time when I once did but I love Annie now. With all my heart." He says and I blush again. Tegan looks at me and I can see the pure anger and sadness in her eyes and I think Hayden did too because he's now moved in front of me. "You! You're the reason Haybear broke up with me! You were the root of all my problems!" Tegan says. "Tegan, I don't understand what do you mean?" I say kind of hurt. "This would've never happened if you weren't in the picture! Ugh!!" Tegan says and runs off.

Hayden's POV

     Tegan runs off and I turn and look at Annie. I can see the pure hurt and confusion in her eyes. Awe poor baby. "Hay I don't understand. What did she mean?" Annie says. "Annie, Tegan saw you as a threat. She didn't like how close I was with you and hated how perfect you are. She can't stand when people are better than her and you are. She wanted me to dump you as a friend and I refused. She told me if I didn't she would make sure you dumped me instead. So I broke up with her and then she moved." I say. "Why would she hate me just because we're friends?" She asks. "She's a crazy manipulative bitch," I say. "She saw what you couldn't. Hayden always has a gleam in his eye when he looked at you. Something he never had looking at anyone else. Tegan was jealous of that and therefore wanted you out of Hayden's life. We didn't want to tell you because I knew how you'd react. I'm sorry." Avia says and I see Annie almost break in pieces. "I can forgive you for that. I know you do it to keep me safe and stuff, but Tegan really wanted to get rid of me?" She asks and we all nod slowly. "And now she's back. Great. First Chase now Tegan. Who's next?" Annie says and I see and tear roll down her cheek. I wipe the tear and kiss her head and hug her. She hugs back and we stay like that for a little while. "We won't let her near you princess. Same with Chase. I promise." I say to her as she pulls away. She nods and we get back to the dance and try to enjoy the rest of it.

Annie's POV

     I'm back home now and I'm in my pajamas, my hair is in a messy bun and the makeup is gone. I can't believe Tegan really felt threatened by me. I would have never taken Hayden from her. I couldn't do that to anyone! I'm not that type of person. Oh well. I shouldn't worry about it anymore. I should probably just get some sleep so I'm going to bed.

Banner made by: anushikhawrites