011.

011. pink sparkly mist with bonus of awkwardness

BARBIE HAD seen heard about those documentaries, the ones were somebody claims to remember their past life. usually, that was just due to the rebirth process not being done correctly. but with bianca, she actually did genuinely sound like she used to live in the past. and it was kind of freaking barbie out.

bianca stood in front of them all, shifting uncomfortably at everybody staring at her. bianca didn't look like she was enjoying have around five teens (three if you exclude the immortal hunter of artemis and grover the satyr) looking at her.

and babrie guessed she probably wouldn't have either, which is why she quickly came to bianca's aid and snapped her fingers, saying in a clear tone, "hey, instead of staring, let's just get to the point you guys. she's clearly not liking us stare at her."

"thanks," bianca mumbled quietly.

"bianca," zoë said, "can you tell me the name of the president of the united states right now?"

"don't be silly," bianca said. she told them the correct name of the president.

"and who was the president before that?" zoë asked.

bianca thought for a while,"roosevelt."

zoë swallowed, "theodore or franklin?"

"franklin," bianca said, "f.d.r."

"like f.d.r. drive?' asked percy in confusion. he made a sound of pain when barbie elbowed him, rolling her eyes.

there was genuinely no hope for this boy. who did he survive so long? how... how does he- nevermind, she thought to herself.

"bianca," zoë said, "f.d.r. was not the last president. that was about seventy years ago."

"that's impossible," bianca said, "i... i'm not that old."

she stared at her hands as if to make sure they weren't wrinkled.

thalia's eyes turned sad, "it's okay, bianca. the important thing is you and nico are safe. you made it out."

"but how?"percy said, "we were only in there for an hour and we barely escaped. how could you have escaped after being there for so long?"

"i told you, " bianca looked about ready to cry, "a man came and said it was time to leave. and-"

"but who? why did he do it?"

before she could answer, we were hit with a blazing light from down the road. the headlights of a car appeared out of nowhere. they grabbed their sleeping bags and got out of the way as a deathly white limousine slid to a stop in front of us. the back door of the limo opened right next to barbie. before barbie could step away, the point of a sword touched her throat. barbie heard the sound of zoë and bianca drawing their bows. as the owner of the sword got out of the car, percy tried to tug barbie away.

"not so fast now, are you, punk?" he was a big man with a crew cut, a black leather biker's jacket, black jeans, a skin-tight white vest and combat boots and wrap around shades hid his eyes.

"ares," percy growled. the war god glanced at her friends.

"at ease, people," he snapped his fingers, and their weapons fell to the ground.

"this is a friendly meeting," he dug the point of his blade a little further under barbie's chin, "the lady wants to see you, barbara."

barbie scowled at him, her fists clenched.