001.

「001. barbie adopts a a child 」

ANNABETH CHASE was what you would call a supportive best-friend. to... both her best friends. she didn't exactly have a love life herself. don't get her wrong, there were some attractive guys at camp (very, very attractive guys) but right now she basically had a mission.

although she was a daughter of athena, that didn't mean she couldn't tell that barbie and percy liked each other. even if the two of them hadn't admitted it to themselves yet. but by the end of their summer after she'd gotten back from, you know, being kidnapped by a manticore and holding the sky... well, she'd taken it upon herself to try also be a wing woman for barbie. she had to say she'd be doing a great job so far, she'd left them to talk to each other and over the previous summer they'd become best friends and were basically attached at the hip. but she wasn't mad about it, she should have been, but she had other friends such as val to talk to.

now, remember moments ago when i said she was doing a pretty great at being a wing woman. that was until percy 'i must save the world' jackson, also known as seaweed brain, ran up to her with a redhead that certainly wasn't barbie.

and as long as she'd known barbie, she knew that her jealousy was pretty shitty. barbie rarely got jealous, and she only did if she had a really big crush on somebody. but jealous barbie was scary. jealous barbie looked like a giggling girl who was border-line a maniac. she'd use words such as 'like' and she'd say that way too much. her voice would get higher and she acted like a completely different person. but sometimes when she was jealous it wasn't always all of that, but those were the signs annabeth knew to tell if barbie was jealous.

barbie allen didn't really hate her nickname anymore. she actually told people they could call her whatever they liked because she was "cool with it." which shocked a lot of people. but nobody except for one person was allowed to call her 'moma barb'. (i know, cheesy but it was an inside joke with them after barbie found cherry talking to daisies and she bothered her since she came back from her quest).

and that was cherry adams.

cherry adams was the most precious person you'd ever meet. over the summer, she and barbie had gotten extremely close. she always wore a smile, never a frown, never a glare, just a smile. she had no living mortal parents with her at this point, due to the fact her father had died only a year ago. but if you ever met cherry adams, you'd never guess she'd seen her dad die right in front of her.

she was what most people would call a ray of sunshine. but to barbie, she was her cherry soda pop... or just 'soda pop'. after she'd arrived back from her first official quest, cherry had ran up to her and hugged her. ever since then, barbie had taken cherry 'under her wing'. even if barbie was only two years older than her, barbie loved the girl like a mother would love their kid, which has given barbie the name moms barb which she held with some pride.

"i-" breathed cherry, heaving, "i am not doing that again."

"aw c'mon," pouted barbie, "please? just one more training session? we can practice the lifting thing up again!"

"but i'm tired," whined cherry, "unless you can hold that for three hours for me to have a nap then i don't know what!"

"i- you're so mean," pouted barbie, "fine... wanna go to the strawberry fields? mrs o'leary should be back soon."