014.

「014. she's a redhead and kronos is stupid 」

BARBIE HATED a lot of things. she sometimes hated the gods, she hated the colour purple (just a specific shade, the violet kind), she hated low rise jeans (they just irked her, especially if they are really low), sometimes she hated dreams, and sometimes, she was knocked out by a manticore and had weird dreams.

the last one was a new addition if you couldn't guess that already.

her mind was truly blank and there was just darkness. she was alone. she thought it was going to be a 'normal' dream, maybe a little vision, or maybe just her mom saying 'hi' maybe giving her a heads up on her powers. because she'd already knocked down a giant, what was next? landing a plane?

instead of that, she heard a burst of low sounding laughter. she shivered, the laughter was menacing and loud

the last one was a new addition if you couldn't guess.

her mind was blank. there was just darkness and she was alone. she thought it was going to be a 'normal' dream, maybe a little vision, or maybe her mom saying hi. instead, she heard a burst of low sounding laughter. she shivered slightly, the sound making her feel scared.

"poor little demigod," spoke the voice with a dark laugh.

"w-who are you?" she said, her voice timid which was kind of a bummer. she wanted to sound fearless.

"you know your not the most powerful of them," laughed the voice, "it's why you make yourself look good. you are inferior."

as the voice said the word inferior, she heard a laugh and she furrowed her eyes, "what do you want, kronos?"

the voice that she now knew was kronos laughed at her, "the little hero realises who i am."

"what do you want?"

"you come seeking a foolish quest that will get you nowhere," said the voice, "all you are doing is preventing the inevitable. you pretend you aren't weak. but you are. you're only a puny daughter of aphrodite."

there was a loud bang and she fell onto the floor of the darkroom, "deep down you know you are safer with me."

"no," she mumbled, "why would i be safer with you? your just some selfish titan who wants power."

"it would be wise," boomed the voice, "to watch what you say. i will remember that when i demolish olympus."

"as if you'd do that, your what? a bunch of invisible voices now?" she snapped, "get over yourself, man. i've seen my younger sister, nessa, with a sharpened crayon and even she's scarier than you."

"scary? hm," mused the voice, "we could use your fierceness on our side."

"this isn't a game of tag," she snapped weakly, the darkness almost scaring her into agreeing with him, but she resisted, "this is life, mr titan. and as fucking if i'm going to join you on you little 'dark side' you're not darth vader."

"why do you think your mother gave you those powers? because without them you wouldn't even be remembered. you're just as dumb as a blonde barbie doll-"

"hah," she said quietly before mumbling something.

"what was that?" his booming voice asked.

"i said," she spoke as she stood up, "hah! jokes on you, i'm a redhead."

"is that all you have to say to me, little demigod?" he let out a laugh, "you side with the wrong side. you will lose. you won't win. you will perish unless you join me. barbara allen, mark my words, you are nothing. and when i win, i will remind you of that before i tear you to pieces."