018.

018. she said powerful, what about it

BARBIE WAS pretty sure every demigod had a special talent. whether that be their really cool and dangerous powers (hint, jerald) or something like her amokensis (which she still didn't really understand. making people fall in love? against their will? i mean, could she have a refund?). percy could talk to horses (a weird but cool power), cherry could speak to plants (apparently roses were the bitchiest sort), val had this sort of charming smile (that's what the hermes children said anyway. she was pretty sure at least all of them had had a crush on val at one point) which was linked to this sort of aura around him, making him somebody you instantly like. and annabeth? well, she was crazy smart, even without being the child of athena, she'd still be that kid who was way too smart to be in the same grade as you.

what does that have to with percy whistling six times like he was impatiently calling a cab? not that much (except she was pretty sure he was calling six pegasi). just an observation that had for some reason come to barbie as they climbed out of the labyrinth, her clothes still wet and gross.

rachel let out a gasp, pointing to the sky where six pegasi were flying, her eyes wide and full of excitement like she was some child. the pegasi flew towards them, one of them pure black which was very rare for pegasi (which made barbie guess it probably was blackjack).

"they're beautiful," rachel spoke with awe laced into her voice.

a pegasi came over to barbie, it's main was like a honey colour, and to be honest, the rest of the horse looked like that shade too. the pegasus trotted around her before neighing and moving its head towards her, moving in an affectionate manner. she let out an excited giggle (very different from her jealous giggle) and began to coo at the pegasus.

behind her, she heard what sounded like a snort (but from a horse) and turned around. percy nodded as if he understood the black-coloured pegasus named blackjack. he looked back to barbie and translated, "blackjack says the pegasus who's taken a liking to you is called honey. they're really cool."

"they?" asked barbie.

"they're non-binary," explained percy after blackjack neighed and he added, "you're not against that, right?"

"oh hades no," rushed barbie, "that's so cool! hey there, honey!" she cooed.

honey, if possible, seemed to adore barbie more, and they neighed happily. i guess that means you're my ride, barbie thought.

she thought to herself for a few minutes how exactly she was supposed to get out a pegasus (look, she skipped pegasus riding a lot) before she remembered she didn't even need to try clambering on, she could just use her powers. it was a simple thing she was able to do, and she'd gotten used to the pain by now (which wasn't much when she was doing something simple like this). she made a platform underneath her and lifted herself up just enough to be able to climb onto honey, who didn't seem spooked at all.

she heard talking behind her as she settled herself and turned to see percy talking to rachel who seemed to be fliting it up with him. she narrowed her eyes as she looked at the seen, muttering a few pieces of colourful language. she sat awkwardly waiting for nico and annabeth to climb onto their pegasi too.

after what seemed like ages (which was really barbie just being really impatient), percy returned from talking to rachel, and began pleading for nico to get on his respective pegasus.

"go on without me," was nico's only stubborn reply (not really) before he added, "i don't want to go to camp anyway."

this was probably a tipping point (or maybe a tipping point for her previous tipping point, if that makes any sense) for barbie. she'd had enough shit today and really wasn't bothered to deal with nico's teenage angst that seemed to be his only personality trait as of now.