007.

「007. In the end, we all greet death like a friend 」

BARBIE LIKED to think her fear of peacocks was a perfectly logical fear. after all, they had been the cause of all her problems, and she had a right to fear them after they almost always pecked her to death at camp. maybe it was that sort of weird trauma that made her scared of them, and she guessed that was probably the answer. which does, once more, explain perfectly as to why barbie was hovering ten feet off the ground with a small pink cloud as annabeth tried to get her to come down.

"no!"

"oh for gods sake barb you're being childish-"

"what if i want to be?"

"we're in a fucking war, dumbass! come down they're not gonna bite you!"

"of course they won't! peacocks don't bite you, they fucking scratch you like the satatnic creatures they are!"

"it's fine barb!"

"no its-"

"shhh!" hissed annabeth suddenly as she picked up her cell phone to answer it. she began nodding as she greeted hello to whoever was on the other line, before her face slowly morphed to a serious expression. slowly, barbie lowered herself to the ground, looking around warily to check if the random group of peacocks had went away. she didn't know how, as she sworn she'd just seen them. but thankfully, they were no longer here, meaning she was safe to actually land on the ground.

suddenly, she heard a splash from behind her and she turned to see percy,not even wet from being in the river. he grinned triumphantly, speaking with a proud voice, "it worked. the rivers are safe."

annabeth nodded once more before handing up. finally, she turned to barbie nodded, "good- oh finally, you've stopped floating." then, she turned to percy, "good to hear. because we got other problems right now. michael yew just called, another army is marching over the williamsburg bridge. the apollo cabin needs help. and, percy, the monster leading the enemy... it's the minotaur."

"i can get us there," barbie spoke, hardly out of breath even though she'd practically transported all of them around downtown with her big pink cloud, "i can-"

"nope," percy spoke, shaking his head, "you're gonna overexert yourself. i got this."

"what do you mean, you got this?" screeched barbie dramatically, "what're you gonna do? fuckin' summon a water slide or some shit?! you exaggerating piece of shi-"

and then he made a loud cab whistle, and a small "oh" left barbie's mouth. she'd sort of forgot that percy could summon flying horses. he whistled loudly again, three times in total. and suddenly, three winged horses flew. she scanned the three, hoping to see-

"honey!" she squealed, trotting up to the pegasus, giving them a hug as the pegasus neighed happily.

"they're happy to see you again," grinned percy, "they missed you like crazy, apparently."

"as they should," she cooed, making funny faces at honey, "who's the best fuckin' pegasus in the world? you are! you are!"

"alright, alright, enough chit chat," annabeth interrupted, "we need to go. now."