𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄.

honestly. what the fuck. this is insane. i want to firstly just say thank you. seriously. we've achieved so much. thank you to those who were here from the very (i mean very) beginning with the original writing. i want to thank those who were here at the start of the rewrite. i want to thank everybody who's looked at this book and given it a go. i'm eternally grateful for every single one of you who read, comment and vote on barbie doll. thank you for the amount of people who have... just been so nice. the ones who sent the nice messages, the ones who are just so mwah that i can't think of another way to describe you all.

thank you to tay ( mistyfai ) for being such a great friend. thank you for being there from the beginning and just being such an awesome  human. thank you to kelly (-JASONSGRACE ) for being the one who stood by me. my 1k buddy :) thank you to isla ( -astronogy ) for being such a little sweetie. our convos in the group chat about barbie doll make me laugh and i love pointing out shit that only one person got. thank you to everybody who's supported me on this journey, and thank you to everybody who read barbie doll.

now... right let's get into me blabbering about characters.

right, so. barbie allen. we love her. right? she was meant to be blonde first. with blue eyes. ikr, gag me. but i couldn't find a nice faceclaim i thought vibed. so genuinely just wondered if i shouldn't have a faceclaim. and then... in my mind at god fucking knows what time. the quote 'jokes on you, i'm a redhead!' came to my mind. and... well here we are. barbie as we all know, had a fuck load of character development. she wasn't like... drew-level bitch at the start. but she was a bitch. but she slowly just.. breaks out of the stereotype. and honestly at some point, she stopped being a bunch of adjectives i'd listed at her personality, and became something else entirely. i love barbie to death, and her character was the one who started this whole journey.

cherry was... well she wasn't meant to be this prominent the first time. but as i rewrote, i realised if i were to make her death something truly emotional (the 400 comments on the chapter as of now prove i made the right choice) then i needed to get people connected with her early. she was first meant to be a really basic character who was just the happy innocent one. but... as i continued to write i found myself wanted to show different sides of her. and the list of vocab describing her grew and she became so complex.

val... well shit man. he was meant to just be the side character. now i have like so many of yall simps for him. ngl, i am too. so i can't exactly chat much. but he wasn't meant to be there much. he was meant to just get with annabeth. but god i got so attached, and fuck valbeth became something yall were rooting for just as much as jallen. and fuck i loved val so much. he's just such a good brother, and has this personality that's so goofy and so amazing.

as for kenj. at first, he wasn't meant to kill cherry. at first, he was just meant to be cherry's friend who betrayed cherry for kronos. but as i started to rewrite, i had to figure out how to do that. i knew i wanted him there when cherry died. so he could see he was on the wrong side. but then, i decided in the end that he would be the one to kill cherry due to bad aim. and i know many of you guys must fucking hate kenji. but i want you all to consider he's still a human being. he's still somebody who feels grief and guilt and is clearly sorry for what he has done as we can see from the second bonus chapter. kenji isn't just a stereotypical betrayer. he's more than that. and i can't wait to show you all this in book two.

for now... i'll let you guys look at the teaser and look over a few of the questions i'll leave you with. see you guys in the next book !

ro <3