Chapter 12

Percy and Jonas sat in the car before driving to work. It was 6:28 and they just needed a moment to breathe before going into work. They didn't know what to expect with the incoming day. Percy sighed and turned on the ignition. Jonas looked out of the window while Percy began the drive to the police department. Jonas looked at the sun continuing to rise above the buildings of Boston.

The sunlight reflected off the glass of the building and shone right in his eyes. Percy glanced over and chuckled at Jonas squeezing his eyes closed. "Don't like the sun?" Percy questioned. Jonas peered over at him and mumbled, "Not when it's in my eyes." Percy smiled and continued to drive. Jonas shielded his eyes with his hand and watched the world go by.

Percy pulled into the parking lot of the police department and sighed. He got out of the car with Jonas following behind him. Percy made sure his car was locked before walking away. Jonas followed behind Percy as they walked through the police department and to their desks. Percy turned on his computer and looked through his email. Just to check if he had anything new.

Jonas looked down in his lap and bounced his leg. He was still thinking about what had happened that morning. Percy took notice when he heard tapping. "Still thinking about this morning?" he questioned softly.

Jonas jerked his head up and gave him a nervous smile. "N-No... I just... I just um," Jonas mumbled as he gently rubbed his neck. Percy wanted to help him, but he knew he couldn't. No one could help him. Jonas inhaled sharply and stood up. "I'm... I'm getting some coffee... Need anything?" he inquired. Percy stared up at Jonas and shook his head. "No," he mumbled. Jonas nodded his head briefly and walked off to the breakroom.

"Hey, Percy," Crystal called from behind him. She had witnessed what had just happened. She wanted answers. "Hey," Percy replied without looking up from his computer. "Is... Is Jonas okay?" she questioned gesturing back to where he had walked off to. Percy paused and mumbled, "He's... He's having um... troubling dreams."

Crystal crossed her arms and tilted her head so that she could see Percy's face better. "Is that what you meant by what happened this morning?" Crystal questioned. Percy looked up at her but looked back down. "I don't think I should tell you... It's a sensitive topic right now," he murmured.

Crystal glanced over her shoulder to see if Jonas was coming back yet. He wasn't. "But he isn't here right now," Crystal persisted. "Crystal, I... I can't. We both didn't get the best sleep last night," Percy groaned. Crystal furrowed her brows but decided not to push the topic if Percy really didn't want to talk about it. "Did you remember again?" she inquired. Percy nodded his head. He couldn't muster any words. His arms crossed over his chest and he slouched in his chair.

"Change the subject, please," Percy grumbled. He didn't like the tension that the mention of his recurring dream made. "Okay... We did get a notice out for all former AHDA agents in close proximity to the AHDA tower to be on high alert," Crystal remembered. Percy looked up and murmured, "That's good."

Jonas walked back and sat down at his desk. He didn't have a coffee cup with him and Percy noticed that. "I thought you were getting coffee," he murmured. Jonas looked up and answered, "I did... but I drank it all before I left the breakroom." Percy tilted his head and smiled slightly. "One or two?" he questioned. Jonas shook in his chair and mumbled, "Three."

Percy chuckled and Crystal protested, "Goddamn it, Percy. You're rubbing off on him." Percy hunched over and started to laugh more. It was true but false.

Percy did have a bad habit of drinking a lot of coffee if he was stressed, but Jonas was tired anyway. It was his choice. "It's not my fault! In fact, I haven't been drinking as bad," Percy laughed. Crystal stared at him and then at Jonas. "What the hell are you doing to him?" she questioned. Jonas smirked and shrugged.