Chapter 19

Percy sat at his desk and stared at his computer. His eyes were tired and lacked the normal expression. Captain Yang had a different team to look into the AHDA's paperwork. They didn't exactly have a reason to see the paperwork but it could've been classified as a check-up.

Crystal peered over at Percy from her own desk. She couldn't see much of him, but she could tell from his hunched shoulders that he was tired. Crystal stood up and walked over to Percy's desk. Percy glanced up at Crystal and took a deep breath. She placed a reassuring hand on Percy's shoulder.

"How're you holding up?" she murmured. "Barely. I'm just trying to get through the day," Percy sighed as he tried to rub the tiredness away from his eyes. Crystal furrowed her brow and mentioned, "You can take a break, Percy. Yang will understand."

Percy hunched over with his elbows on his knees and protested, "I don't want to take a break. I need to be useful for this." Somehow, Crystal knew Percy would say that. He was so persistent at times. Crystal leaned against the side of Percy's desk and sighed, "What are you thinking about?" Percy leaned back in his chair and smiled to himself. He felt the slight sting of tears forming in his eyes but didn't let them fall.

"I'm just... remembering how happy Jonas was," Percy smiled. Crystal smiled too and sighed, "You really care about him." Percy glanced at Crystal. She was looking at him with a sad hint in her eyes. Percy sniffed and tried to keep the forming tears at bay. There was no doubt that Crystal saw the tears reflecting in his eyes. "Yeah," Percy whispered.

"Crystal! Percy!" Captain Yang bellowed throughout the precinct. The two quickly made their way to Yang's office and made sure to close the door behind them. Captain Yang leaned against his desk with a folder on his desk behind him. "We got the files," Yang stated in a low tone. Percy stared at the file on his desk. Everything was to be decided on what the files said.

Aiden picked up the folder and opened it. He took a second to stare down at the printed papers with his brows furrowed. Aiden sighed and looked up at Percy and Crystal. "You'll want to see this," he mumbled as he handed the file to Crystal. Percy looked down at the same paper Aiden had been staring at.

"This is the AHDA contract," Percy mumbled as his eyes skimmed over the words. The only reason the AHDA was a thing and legal was because of that one contract. "I highlighted what's important," Aiden sighed. Percy read over the highlights portions of the contract. Everything was clear.

Percy looked up at Aiden and then back at the contract while he mumbled, "This contract's no longer valid." Aiden looked down and slowly nodded his head. "The contract hasn't been renewed in five years, and I've already filed for a warrant," Captain Yang smiled. Crystal closed the folder but kept it at her side. Crystal let out a small laugh and smiled, "Can't wait."

Jonas laid, asleep, on the floor. His breathing was slow but sped up as he started to wake up. Jonas tried to sit up but his arm gave out from under him. His eyes wandered over the blank walls and groaned. Nothing had changed. Jonas was able to sit up without falling over again. How long had he been sleeping for? Jonas felt a flat surface in his back pocket. He had completely forgotten about what had happened the previous day.

Jonas leaned over and grabbed the glass shard out of his pocket. He maneuvered his way around to get his hands in front of him. Jonas sat with his back against the wall and stared at the slight reflection from the small glass. Something about the glass shard seemed off but he couldn't really figure out what it was.

Jonas shrugged the uneasy feeling off and decided to start thinking about how he could escape. He knew he would be on the run for the rest of his life or hide in a place they would never think Jonas would go. He would probably have to leave the country.