1

Meredith's pov:
Volterra is an amazing and beautiful city! So much life and everyday new small festivals and party's. But today I have to pack my few belongings and leave for a new destination. Where to? I don't know just yet, I am going to see where my nose leads me to. That's the great thing about being a vampire, I don't need any plane tickets or something like that, I can just simply ran to wherever I want to. Once again I look around the room, making sure I haven't forgotten anything before I leave the room and shortly after the hotel. I had called Carlisle this morning, telling him that I am leaving for a new place, he was more than just relieved that I leave the place that's full of volturis. I was just about to cross a small alleyway when I suddenly get pushed against a wall. Seriously!? How often do vampires fall for my smell and looks again? I mean I DO appreciate my gift to look like a human since it allows me to enjoy the sun without sparkling. But it is annoying how often vampires catch me with the intention of feeding from me!
you smell amazingly! Definitely better than what I was looking for." he says, smelling my neck with an approving growl. Gosh, this one surely is a nasty one!!
„Looks like today is my lucky day to find such an appetizing snack! Don't you think?" he asks me with a wide smirk, his tongue already licking my neck. Yuck! Not wanting to once again tell anyone that I am in fact a vampire myself. I instead get myself ready to tore him limp from limp with my other gift. He definitely deserves it after touching and licking me! Even the thought of it makes me shudder! But someone seems to come to my aid, which surprises me quit a bit. My relief however was pretty short lived and quickly changes into slight panic at seeing four vampires standing to my left. All of them with the usual volturi cloak. The vampire that only seconds ago wanted to suck me dry, is now screaming in pure agony at my feet. His body convulsing and shaking, which only can mean that Jane is one of the four. I am so screwed!!
„Fuck!" the word shouldn't of come out but it's my honest reaction to seeing the four of them.
„We need to bring her to aro." one of them says. They seem to have pulled their hoods down, but I still try to not look at any of them.
„Don't worry, we will keep you safe till aro decides on what to do." alec says suddenly standing in front of me. His eyes boring into mine, before they slightly widened as he recognizes me as his mate.
„It's ok! I promise i will not let anyone hurt you!" he says with a smile, softly caressing my cheek lovingly. The tingles feel lovely and I can't stop myself from cuddling myself into him. The shocked gasps from the three guards standing next to us don't bother me much. I know they can't do much about mates and I also know that aro won't be able to hurt me since i haven't broken any rules. So I am safe.
„Alec!?" Janes shocked voice questions. Slowly I take a step back from Alec, not wanting his sister to use her gift on me because I am too close to her brother! Carlisle told me that he once had the unpleasant joy of feeling it. He said it's like burning from the inside out, so I have no intend in experiencing it myself. Alec whines softly at the lack of contact between us and quickly steps next to me once again. He seems to be afraid I would run away from him. I might should just do that, but it wouldn't do me any good, nor do I like the thought of leaving my mate behind. I seriously am screwed! I can't leave my mate nor can I stay with the volturi, Carlisle would be disappointed if I would.
„She is my mate!" he tells them lowly. If I wouldn't of been a vampire myself, I definitely wouldn't of been able to hear it. So they also think I am a human, interesting.
„I should get going. My brother gets easily frightened if I don't be where we agreed on meeting." i tell them after a deep breath. It's not a complete lie! Carlisle really worry's a lot about me since I am his only blood related family that he has left.
„You can't leave!" alec says slightly panicked.
„He is right! You can't leave! We need to get you to aro first!" Jane angrily seethes at me. Turning towards her irritated why she hates me so much already. What neither her nor i were expecting thought was that we are mates as well!! Her eyes have gone wide right away and she also suddenly draws in a deep breath, in complete shock. Don't get me wrong, i am just as shocked as she is. I never thought I will get two mates! None the less twins, extremely gifted twins at that. Twins that will never leave the volturi. A coven that hates mine and would love to destroy my family without a second thought.
„Ok. But we should hurry then. As I said already, my brother worry's." I say, making them none the wiser. They haven't told me that they are vampires, so no need to tell them my species!!
„That sounds fair Love. This way then." Jane says suddenly completely calm and with a wide smile. She now is looking at me with loving eyes, maybe even a bit jealous that she hasn't been able to touch me like her brother did already.
„Thank you!" I say as she holds open a door for me. I even giggled!! Gosh, I really need to get a hold on me again!! We went through a few more alleyways, until we came across an old looking door. Alec and Jane have put me in between them as if trying to make sure that no one will be able to hurt me. They are cute like that, I do have to say that much!! When the door finally opens up, we all went in and right away into an already waiting elevator. How cheesy! I sigh a little at the closeness of my mates, which still are standing too far away from me for my liking. Felix and Demetri keep on looking at them a bit strangely but also with understanding.
„Before we enter, can we please know your name?" Demetri asks and looks me in the eyes for the first time. He right away comes closer, hugging me tightly like alec has done not long ago. To the annoyance of the twins if their growls are something to go by.
„Mate!" he softly says, nuzzling my neck lovingly.
The loud ding from the elevator throws him out of his daze.
„So your name?" Felix repeats after we exited the elevator. He as well stops the second he looks me in my eyes. The hell goes on here! That can't be true!
„Meredith. My name is Meredith." I answer him completely irritated that I apparently am mated to all four of them. How is that even possible!?
„A beautiful name for a beautiful girl or woman." alec says softly. Seemingly not knowing how old I am. Well, I got turned as I was sixteen, so I guess his confusion is understandable. Especially since I look even younger than sixteen!!
„Aro is awaiting you now." a young human woman says before quickly scurrying away from us again.
„This way." Jane says softly while taking my hand in hers.