27

Meredith's pov:
Sitting once again in my favorite spot in the garden. Usually this is my happy spot, the place where I can calm down and relax. Today though it doesn't seem to work. My family has left back to Forks three weeks ago and I do have to say that I miss them like crazy. Especially my little pumpkin! She always would accompany me outside to read together. My mates also were sent out on a mission so that may also add up to my depression and loneliness. Sighing yet again, closing up the book I originally took along to read, knowing I wouldn't be able to do so.
„Well, look what we have here!" a deep voice whispers darkly. Immediately shuddering at the unknown voice and the obvious threat in the sentence.
„Let's not spent too much time. We wouldn't like to be caught brother." another voice says. This one calmer but not less threatening.
„Who are you and what are you doing Here?" I ask. Trying hard to sound strong but I am afraid I wasn't very lucky with that. The fear way to much as to act all tough. There dark chuckles makes my stomach turn around. I am sure if I would be physically able to, I would vomit all over myself and even them. Hearing a commotion from the castle coming closer. But just as I felt something like relief overflowing me, I got hauled up and kidnapped. Away from my mates, my family and my home. They apparently knew of my gift which frightens me even more, but it's the only logical reason they where clasping my hands together so I couldn't use it on them. I have no idea how long they were running with me. The only thing I do know, is that I don't have the slightest idea where we are.
„Well, since we hadn't had time to introduce us earlier. Now seems to be a good idea." the first one says with a wide smirk while the second one chains me into a smelly dungeon.
„My name is Stefan and this is my brother Vladimir. We are from the Romanian coven." the one with brown hair introduces himself and his brother.
„And you, are going to be the reason we finally be able to destroy the volturis!" the blonde one, Vladimir says with a sinister smirk. They can't be serious right? I mean I do know that the Romanian coven were the rulers of the vampires ages ago, but they got overruled and nearly completely wiped out from the volturis.
„And why should I be the reason? If you think I would help you, than you are completely mistaken!" I tell them with venom. Getting smacked right in the face.
„Don't you dare talk to us like that! You are in no Place to! So if you want to make your last hours or days alive, than I would suggest you start to cooperate!" Vladimir growls out darkly.
„Anyway, I am sure your so called family as well as your mates will come here in no time." Stefan says, pulling his brother away from me and out of the room. What now? What can I do? I can't let my family, my mates run right into their trap! What can I do? Damn, what can I do! That is my family! My vision slowly gets blurry with tears of pure distress and worry. Trying really hard to get out of those damn cuffs, but it doesn't work. Taking a few deep breaths, knowing that I need to calm myself down otherwise I won't be able to find a way out of here. And i need to get at least out of those cuffs so I could handle them. I also need to do this as fast as possible, otherwise my family gets ambushed and I can't let that happen. The door again opens up and in walks a young boy, not older than fifteen. He looks unsure, petrified even. Slowly he comes closer before lifting one of his pointer fingers in front of his mouth, indicating me to stay quiet. Nodding at him, still irritated what his intentions may be. Since I am hanging from the ceiling he looks at me in apology before he slowly climbs up my body. When he reaches my left arm, he slowly opens up the cuff, my body right away falls downwards. Biting my lips to hold in my groan, as to not alert the others. The boy looks worried towards the door and than quickly climbs to the other cuff to open it as well. When my feet finally touch the floor again, I hold the terrified boy in my arms. Now finally realizing how tiny the boy really is.
„Shh, I got you. I promise you are safe." I whisper I to his ear. To my surprise he looks at me with hopeful eyes, his lips wobbling a little. Not knowing why, but I do feel a connection towards him. He has saved me, helped me even though he doesn't know me and obviously knows that he would of gotten punished if they would of found him. I softly kiss his forehead and than make my way upwards towards the door. Listening closely before opening it. To my relief there is no one in sight, so I take another deep breath, the boy still clinging onto me and start to walk towards a window not far from us. Just as I opens it, I hear hurried footsteps coming our way. The pure panic in the boys eyes make me even more furious! They not only kidnapped me, threaten to kill me and my entire family, but they obviously also hurt this little boy. Taking another deep breath, hearing the whimper from the boy as Stefan and Vladimir walk towards us with furious eyes.
„Paul! You better prepare yourself of your worst punishment ever!" Vladimir growls out. The boy, Paul, starts to shake right away, gripping onto me even tighter in hope I could help him. And I am going to! Lifting my hand up, I freeze them up in time right away.
„It's ok Paul, they will never ever hurt you again. Deep breaths baby boy! You are safe." i softly whisper to him, caressing his back lovingly in hopes to sooth him. Hearing a loud crash coming from somewhere in the house. Paul shouts out in fright shivering and pure panic. What have those monsters done to this little boy? Footsteps coming closer to us and when I see who they were, I sigh in relief.
„That's my family. Don't worry! You are safe, you are safe." i tell the terrified boy.
„Safe." he asks me unsure his eyes brimmed with tears.
„That's right baby boy, you are safe." i say and see my family look at me confused. My mates slowly coming closer towards me. When Paul sees them he once again panics and hides his face in my neck. I hear some growls but I am quick to shut them up with one pointed look. Guess I have some things to explain.