31

Meredith's pov:
Ever since Paul joined our family, we all seem even happier. It really is amazing how this tiny boy has changed not only mine but everyone else's life's. Marcus, Aro and caius just absolutely love to spend time with him, because however hard you may try, there is no chance of staying mad or angry with him near by. He has this strange ability that makes everyone fall in love with him right away. Yes, he was really shy at the beginning but slowly he got out of his shell and showed us his crazy side as well. From time to time he still gets a bit scared and runs straight to me, but he has overcome so much already. So I just know that he is strong enough to learn to overcome the treatment he had to go through with those shady vampires. It took him only a week to feel kind of safe around the castle, especially with my mates, me and Marcus around him. He also begged us to train him how to fight. And yes I do have to say that I was not happy with it, completely against it you could even say. How should I allow it if he might get hurt throughout his training?! So I forbid it! But I have to hand it to my sweet baby boy to sit me down and talk with me about it. He explains to me that he would like to learn how to fight, so he will be able to defend himself in the future. That he would feel much safer if he at least knows a few tricks to help himself and others out of a harmful situation. Of course I needed to allowed it afterwards. Still not happy about it, but I did understand that this is what he needs to work through all the years of hurt and neglect. I instructed my mates to overlook his training because I know I wouldn't be able to hold myself back if I would see someone attack him. I also don't care that it was a teaching! Everyone trying to harm my baby boy won't survive! That's just how I see it! Egil could definitely function as witness for that. He once made the mistake of running into my baby boy making him lose balance and fall on his bum. To this time he still hadn't completely healed up completely, no matter how much blood we would give him to drink, so of course my boy screamed out in pain. That's what I heard and right away saw red at the possibility of someone hurting my son! I had run to him, finding him still on the floor, eyes rimmed with tears and I lost it. If at that moment my mates along with the three kings haven't arrived as well, I would of killed Egil. The guy still to this day makes a wide path around me. Paul the sweet little thing he is has forgiven him right away though, explained that accidents happen and that he didn't do it on purpose. Still I wasn't happy about this whole situation, but I at least let Egil alive even though everything within me had screamed to kill him. What also was a sight to be seen, was when my family decided to visit me. Renesmee was extremely excited about meeting her new cousin and always called to make him feel welcomed in her family. So the second those two saw each other for the first time, they literally became the best of friends. They were spending nearly all day with one another and still were whining about how little time they see each other. It was hard for the both of them when it was time for the Callen clan to leave back to Forks. The two kiddos had been clinging to one another for dear live. Our only way to sooth them was to promise that we would come and visit them in the near future! What we of course did! It's just incredible how everything seems to have fallen into a good working family! My brother even decided to move his coven to Italy as well. Of course he discussed it with the family as well as with the three volturi kings. We now all live only about five minutes in vampires speed running away from one another. At first it was strange for some volturi coven members to have the second largest coven this close. But after Alice had warned us from one attack, everyone was more than happy to have them as our allies that are willing to help right away. Paul and Renesmee were both ecstatic to be so close to one another and even Jacob was happy with the move to Italy. He needed a special trial since he is a shapeshifter, but I do have my suspicion that this was more show than really something they needed to discuss about. At the end he was granted permission so whatever it was for, I don't really care.
Marcus has build a small area in the garden where my pumpkin and my baby boy could spend time together and also to have a secluded mini library outside. Those two book worms thanked him profusely and I as well thanked him for his thoughtfulness. He however only told me that he was happy they liked it this much and not to worry about the price so much, so typical Marcus I would say.
My mates and I still are going strong. We also still love to spend every minute of every day with each other, even after nearly thirty years. But I do hope that it will stay like this forever. With my mates, our son and our family's close by. That's my greatest wish come true.

The end