Chapter Nineteen

I stood next to the table helping Fry and Newt go through some supplies while Thomas had his tracker removed. I turned around when I heard Thomas almost shouting at Teresa. Gally was quick to step over to them.

"Everything ok over here?" He asked Thomas.

"Yea, Yea we're done." Thomas nodded then walked over to Brenda.

Once all the trackers were removed we all suited up. Gally, Thomas, Newt, and I all had guard uniforms that Gally somehow got us. The four of us split up once we were in the city. Thomas and Gally followed Teresa into the main entrance. Newt and I went around through the garage. We met them at the back entrance. Newt and I walked quickly around the glass wall to stop with the others at a door. Teresa placed her thumb on a scanner. A beep sounded then the door unlocked. We quickly stepped inside the stairwell closing the door behind us.

"Hold on. Hold on. I can get in here." Gally said as he looked at a metal box on the wall.

"Stay there." Thomas said to Teresa.

"Throw me the walkie." He told Gally.

Gally was quick to toss the walkie behind him. Newt started coughing and doing a poor job of covering it up. He looked more pale. He was also sweating a bit.

"You okay?" I asked him softly.

"I'm fine, love" he gave me a thumbs up and a small pained smile.

I jumped slightly at the sound of Gally's drill against the metal of the box.

"Frypan, we're in, how you doing?" Thomas asked over the walkie.

There was a moment of pause before Fry answered.

"Yea, I'm getting there. Tell Minho hi for me." Fry's voice crackled.

"Hang in there, buddy." Thomas told him.

The metal box Gally was working on popped open. Gally looked it over then nodded.

"This'll work" he mumbled then got to work.

"Brenda what's your status?" Thomas asked over the walkie.

"Status is, I'm working on it." Her voice crackled sarcastically.

"Copy. Just make sure you're ready on your end." Thomas told her.

"Don't worry. You know I'm gonna be there." Her voice crackled softly.

Gally slammed what looked like a bomb of sorts into the box then closed the metal door.

"Alright, let's go." He said as he picked up his things.

We quickly moved down the stairs to sublevel 2. Teresa stopped outside a door then turned to face Thomas.

"This is it." She nodded to the door.

We all readied our weapons aiming them right at the door. Gally tapped lightly on the door. A few seconds passed then a guard swung the door open. Our guns were firing immediately taking down all five guards in the room. Once we rushed inside Gally slammed the door closed behind us. Each of us went to a door. I opened the door in front of me letting out 5 boys. They looked so young. The terrified looks on their faces made my heart break for them. I wish they never had to go through any of this but we were gonna make sure they never had to deal with it again.

Gally pulled one of the guards off the ground to their feet.

"The vault, how do I get in?" He asked harshly.

"You can't" the guard told him.

Gally tossed the man back to the ground so he could take a closer look at the vault door.