Chapter XIV

throughout this moment in the car with Luke, i look at him as his focus was scattered, so filled with nervous anticipation was he, so excited, even giddy. his emotion and actions is so readable

is he really Luke?? 

now that i think about it, he's like the young Luke i know.

kind of..... cute?

wait,... what the fck tera???

my thoughts were interrupted when he suddenly called out to me

"Tera, should we eat our lunch first before we enter the event? besides we still have 1 more hour to wait."

"uhh sure..."

as Luke found some coffee shop nearby, he parked his car and adjusted his parking area.

when his done, he suddenly turns his head to me and said "we're here" his hand reaching to unlock the seatbelt but i fastened and did it first. "let's go." i said.

both of us entered the cafe, There's nothing slick about it, no fancy fonts or white etching upon the glass. The air is thick with the scent of coffee and although I drink in the aroma like everyone else I will never hand over my wares for it. 

we seat at the table in a near door entrance, Luke focuses looking at the menu while i kept glancing some girls whispering or gossiping and looked at Luke. well he is handsome and is the Male lead.

"is that her girlfriend?" 

"oh my, he's so handsome"

"they don't look good together"

ha! yas gurl! that's right, we don't look together. ha ha

Luke finished giving his orders in the menu and suddenly looks at me "what do you want Tera?"

he gave me the menu and made me choose what i want. as i look closely focusing suddenly i felt Luke's glare. i look up but no glare or weird anger shown on him... it's just him being..... him? just smiling.

"are you done?"

i flinched the weird thoughts as he interrupted me.

"yeah.." i look at the waiter and said "i'd like some pancakes and americano please."

i heard a chuckle and that suddenly caught me by surprise 

"what?" i asked Luke

"isn't that supposed to be in the breakfast section?"

oh right, it's lunchtime now...... i guess i was distracted.

apologizing amid my own tired smile, "Sorry, I'm just feeling like being a bit of a fuss pot today." 

"it's fine, then she can have that please" Luke said to the waiter

A heavy silence settled over them, thicker then the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. i don't even glance Luke's face in a second as i'm not attempting to make this reality go into further.

But now that we're in this situation. it's finally my time to ask him this

"Luke." i said his name

"Tera."

although he said my name back, his voice suddenly sent shivers through my skin and i don't like it. aside of that, i confidently asked him "what's this?"