Chapter XXI

"have you ever fall in love?" I asked out of the blue 

and suddenly Armand chokes on his black coffee and his eyes widened by my weird sudden question as we were fell silent as we got out of the car and had to take a break in a near coffee shop

i realize i was stupid to ask this question "uh- nevermind... just forget i asked something" and i continue to sip on my ice latte and look around to avoid awkward 

another silence fills in our air, This place filled with people always so close and so far apart... ye  so I ponder this chance to rest a moment longer, to drink in the aroma of this place.

then suddenly

"yeah.... i have"

i should be shock right now but clearly what's written on my facial expression was different. dumbstruck, i'm not surprise that he finally laid eyes on her but why do i feel.... as if i go smashed and confused.

"but it was all in the past anyway.... i don't have any chance at all but just stare at her from afar"

i shouldn't have said this topic aloud... i shouldn't have and now what it has gotten us, his hurtful expression when looking at me makes my hear crumble. is this how you always feel? a second male lead that leads no where and i don't pity you, i just want you to be happy Armand.

"Armand-"

i want to say something but he suddenly change topic 

"how is it going with you and Luke?"

why would you even dare bring Luke's name here? 

"just alright, but i guess he's been busy....." 

 he nods his head and smiles at me showing his cute side and said "then should we have our amount of time together whilst he's still busy?"

"i don't mind at all, i miss having your side with me than just at school"

so brightly, his face blooms like a kid who has finally got what he wants..... did you really miss me that much? i chuckled at that thought 

"what's on your mind that you're laughing at me right now? haha"

"i just thought that you're starting to get all cute hahah you should do that more often"

His laughter was so free and pure, so childish despite his serious and mature look . It came to my ears as a tickle and bounce - and only a rocky heart could do anything but join in such generous mirth.

we were finally having ounce of fun conversations, topics we haven't discussed and i even talk him about my friend Nicole and her boyfriend and also clyde. he even talk to me how his dad has been getting clingy on mom lately and i can tell everyday.

"i didn't realize that dad has been non-stop sending mom a lot of roses" i said

"of course, dad really loves mom so much" 

this moment could last forever and i would love it in any other way because you have been there. You taught me to dream fearlessly as it's finally one of my inspiration to be by your side.

are you also thinking the same?

"thank you" 

out of the blue

"thank you for finally bringing me happiness Tera"

surely you thought the same as i smile and said the same thing

i shake my head and said "it should be me saying that Armand, for staying mom's side and taking care of their life. thank you"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * ** ** *

cutting short with our moment, we got out of the cafe and head somewhere and buy some stuff that Armand needs and what I need.

"don't you think that you've had enough of chocolate for today?" Armand said as he looks at me while I for just a while, eating a piece of chocolate ice cream.

"well thankfully I got good taste unlike yours seriously, why is your chocolate with mint? it's like eating toothpaste."  I said 

"well... it's good" he scratched his neck and sighed. "anyways, where should we go next?"

as I was thinking carefully, I remembered that this day is too short for us to enjoy and tomorrow would be Monday... gosh I hate Monday

"hmm.. we should probably go home, I don't think that we should spend that much money" I chuckled until Armand came to grab my hands

"well, it's my money so I wouldn't mind spending it with the person I'm happy to be with."

I can't with you!...... all of a sudden my face flushed in red but ignored it as I let go of his hand 

"i-it's fine. I don't want you to spend too much. it's too reckless, I just want to enjoy the moment so why don't we just have a walk around the park"

Armand chuckled and nod his head.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * ** ** *

Now that the park itself was so beautiful, it was even more outstanding and shocking when Luke appeared out of nowhere in front of us just sitting on the bench restfully.

"Tera, I've come to give you a gift." is what he said while panting and sweats coming out.

wait..... "how did you know we were here?"

don't tell me.....

____________________________________

I've been busy, I apologize for posting too late