Long Night

After they talked at the training ground, Naruto realizing that he was in the past, had a lot on his thoughts, and so he shunshin'd to the hokage's head. Naruto sat at the Yondaime's head thinking about the situation. He had time to think and remembered the things that had happen in the past. Memories which he stored behind his mind.

The Villagers looking at him in contempt, the years in the academy ,the Chuunin exams, the training trip with Ero-Sennin, Him trying to save Sasuke only to be rejected. Hard. His training with the toads, The death of Jiraiya, The invasion of Pein, the Villagers now looking at him with earned respect and admiration after him saving the day, his training with Killer B, the fourth Shinobi war, the mission on the moon and him finally being Hokage, his dream for so long. He shed tears as he realized he had to live through all of that again. His people going through that pain again. Can he really do that again, the second time?

"Hey" someone whispered behind him. Naruto looked behind him and found out it was Sakura, which beside her was Sasuke.

"Hey guys.. Why are you here?" Naruto said to her while wiping his tears

"You always go here after something happens. Even after you became Hokage. Though It isn't exactly a secret since Sasuke can see you when he goes and look out the window" Sakura said to him to which he just stared at the village

"Do you think... you could live through all of that again? All the stuff we've seen?"

"Ahh, it's that... " Sasuke said which elicited a look from Naruto. Sasuke sat down next to Naruto with Sakura besides him

"I'm gonna be completely open and honest here Naruto. It's a bitch to live through stuff again." Sasuke said in an all out serious manner

Naruto blinked at Sasuke "After our fight in the Valley of the End, after being accepted back into the village... All the things I've done while with Orochimaru always crept back in my mind." Sasuke said to Naruto who which just listened intently

"I've been haunted with nightmares a good few years of my life. But it's all thank to your meddling that made me forget all of it. All of the talks we had, it was ... good. And now I'm offering the same to you"

Naruto blinked while he thought about the words Sasuke said. Then his face turned into a foxy grin "Thanks Sasuke. Though I'm surprised, because that's the longest sentence you said in ever"

"Hn, trying to help, Dobe"

"But seriously, thanks for being with me guys. It's always great to have you with me"

"As always Naruto" Sakura said to him with a smile. Together they stared at the village throughout the night

Kakashi walked the streets with intense anxiousness and curiousity. He was back in the past. The past! Which meant some things. Gai, Asuma and Kurenai were in one word, alive. He remembered each of their deaths as though it was yesterday. Especially Gai.

"Kakashi, go to Naruto, I'll stop them!" Gai said to them when he saw the invaders

"But, you can't even fight properly remember?! Your legs!"

"No my eternal rival, my youth will prevail all things. I still have my arms and I will protect Konoha until my death! Now go! We have no time to argue!" Gai said while going on his Good Guy pose. Kakashi just nodded knowing how hard it'll be to convince his friend other wise.

The last thing he saw was Gai's death as one of the invaders stabbed Gai in the back, thus the life of Konoha's Maito Gai, the Green Beast ended with his heroic sacrifice.