Genins

As they waited for the proctors for the test, Shino, in the corner with his team, watched the other teams in interest. You could call Shino as a sort of, recluse. He was smart, yes. He could control any fight, save for a few others in his class using his bugs. But was he socially smart? Probably not. He prefers to be alone, watching others, and spending time with his bugs. He emjoys watching them crawl and wiggle on his skin, their existence dependent on his care. But he knows that won't be forever, as a Shinobi life would be always dependent on his team mates, or that what his father would tell him as they trained together. So thus, he forced himself to be more social, learning a few things here and there. That's why, he learned the power of knowing someone other than his bugs.

For example, his team mates. When he first met Kiba, he was confident, a bit charismatic, but a little brutish. He was always the one leading his team into a fight, if he could. But he also believed in the strength of packs, like wolves. Thus, he was extremely loyal.

Hinata, was a little of the opposite. She wasn't brave, nor confident but she cared about the things she deems that are worthy of being cared for. She cares for her teammates, her family, and most importantly, Naruto. Shino doesn't know why she cared extremely for Naruto, the orange blonde, but she did, and she would crumple whenever they would have the slightest of contact. If Shino understood, it was like love. Though he knew that the development of the brain of genins is still too low to understand the feeling of love. Or was it? Shino doesn't know. But he was extremely curious.

As days passed, he noted emotional and intellectual development of his teammates, as a sort of hobby. Thus he was able to quickly notice changes almost immediately. For example, every time Hinata would meet Naruto, she would get more and more confident. Her stutter became less and less prominent, and her mental health bloomed, seemingly being more and more...relaxed.

Kiba, after the Wave mission, became less...brutish? Or was it his ego? For whatever the answer will be, Kiba became more mature, able to think before he'd act, and overall became better, in Shino's opinions.

He heard a creak and the door opened.

"Well, well, seems like the gangs all here." He heard the boy named Shikamaru speak out, as he finally recognized the ones who just entered as Team seven. Hinata immediately noticed and turned a deep red while Kiba just sneered and look away.

Emotions are really confusing, Shino would think. And he would need more time to learn

As Naruto entered the room, he looked for any familiar faces that he would recognize. He saw Kiba, Hinata and Shino on the right corner of the room, Shikamaru, Ino and Choujo on the other side. In the farthest side, he saw Kabuto, with two girls, which confused Naruto greatly, yet he continued scanning. He spots Gaara, in the middle, who notices him enter, and give a small nod as a greeting.

"Well, well, seems like the gangs all here" Shikamaru spoke up as he notices Naruto enter with Sasuke and Sakura in tow. "Looks like all of us got nominated for the Chuunin exams."

Naruto looked at Shikamaru with a wide grin "The Konoha nine is all here!"

"Konoha Nine huh? I guess so Naruto" Shikamaru said with a grin and a shrug.

"Sasuke-kun!" A Pale blonde tornado shouted as she bumped into Shikamaru and into Sasuke's arm "It's been so long! I've missed you!"

Sasuke looked at Ino with a bored look as he paid no heed to Ino. Ino, on the other hand swooned as Sasuke looked at her, and practically melted on his hand.

Ino opens her eyes, as she finally notices Sakura, with a rather irritated look plastered on her face "Billboard-brow is here as well, huh? What are you doing here, you shell of a woman?" Ino sneered at Sakura, expecting a response

Sakura opened her mouth to say something but decided against it. 'I guess I'll be the mature one today'

"Hmm, cat got your tongue? That's so sad. Now shoo awaay, little kitten. Me and Sasuke-kun is having som-" Ino started to say before Sasuke jerked his hand away from Ino.