Life of a Ninja

"When people are protecting something truly special to them,

they truly can become as strong as they can be." – Uzumaki Naruto

Kiba pant in exhaustion and his body bruised as he finally reached the highest branch, exactly as the sun was setting, signifying the end of the day, and the end of the bet he so foolishly started. He never would have thought that Naruto and his team, NARUTO, of all people would be able to beat him in something he was born at. Being a ninja. Him? Being defeated by a civilian and a dead-last? That was something he thought was impossible, or something that would have happened when they grew older. But it happened, and now he was the one being laughed at for being the weakest.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it! I won't let this happen again. Just you wait at the Chuunin exams Naruto!"

Then Kiba looked down

"Now...How to get down..."

"He finally reached it?" Kakashi asked as he kept reading his book.

Kurenai glared at him before sighing "Yes, after a while, and after almost suffering from chakra exhaustion too" Kurenai said to Kakashi with a tinge of proudness. It was rare to have a genin with the level of will and commitment that Kiba had, especially in this generation where there weren't a war that forced them to grow for some years. Well, she would have thought Naruto would have it especially since he kept shouting that he would surpass the other hokages and gain the acknowledgement of the village. That changed when she saw Naruto effortlessly done the tree exercise as if he already had chakra control like he trained with his chakra for his whole waking life. Well... she wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Still, it changed her point of view of Naruto from an aspiring ninja to a prodigy that was destined to be as a great ninja like the Hokages Naruto admired.

"...Kurenai?" She heard Kakashi say, snapping her from her concentration.

"Yeah?" She replied with an unexpected irritated voice

"I guess, you're just confused about my team aren't you?" Kakashi said with a sigh

Kurenai looked at Kakashi "Yeah, how the hell Naruto knew how to balance and control his chakra when he... wasn't given the chance to do so? Don't change the subject Hatake, I saw how effortlessly he'd done it" Kurenai said to Kakashi

"Maa maa, why are you so concentrated in Naruto? How about cute Sakura, or cute AND angry Sasuke?" Kakashi asked playfully which was replied with a look of irritation

"Because I know his real story. His real roots. He may be Uzumaki, but I know he is a Namikaze. Minato Namikaze to be precise. I might trust you Kakashi but there might be a chance that you had him under your wing when you were ordered not to interact with the boy."

A pause was heard. Kurenai felt Kakashi was trying to not let go of his emotions long hidden away as his eyes bored into her. "Well..." Kakashi started to say when a knock was heard

"Jounin-san, it is time for dinner!" She heard Tsunami said through the door.

"Alright Tsunami-san, we're going down! K-", Kurenai said before realizing that the man she was talking to was gone and a trace of smoke was left.

"Dammit Kakashi, what are you hiding?"

"Jiraiya of The Sannin?"

Jiraiya drank his sake in one swoop before he looked at the man from his seat, and grinned.

"After so many years and yet you tread my existence like I'm a stranger. I feel hurt" Jiraiya said as he pretended to hold his chest with pain.

"I remember that I told you that you aren't welcome here especially after peeking the baths of the holy priestesses, plus desecrating the holy grounds with your pitiful summons"