Missions of Responsibility

"It doesn't matter what you do, if you die and live as you like. However no matter what road you end up taking, remember to protect the people that are precious to you" – Sarutobi Hiruzen

"That is interesting" said Hiruzen as he smoked from his pipe. He turned around and look at Kakashi and Kurenai "I will send a team to assess and acquire Gato's wealth... and Zabuza's bounty will be adjusted, seeing how much damage he could make."

"Are you certain that you two do not know who killed Gato?"

"No...Hokage-sama. We weren't certain on who had killed him but Zabuza stated that since his employer was dead, he had no duty to kill us and simply left" Kurenai answered. Hiruzen nodded and closed his eyes.

"I understand... You are dismissed, Kurenai. Kakashi. Stay. I would like to discuss something with you"

"So Kaka-sensei was responsible why Zabuza just left?" Naruto asked Sakura, to which she nodded in reply.

They were at Kakashi's apartment and activated all of the seals Kakashi had put in his apartment.

"That was different from what he had planned... and he had changed a lot of things as a result." Sasuke noted.

"Like the Great Naruto Bridge is now called the Kakashi Bridge." Sakura answered to which Naruto's ego deflated and he felt down "Why would anyone call a bridge a scarecrow, I won't ever know" Naruto mumbled

"Zabuza and Haku are alive as well" Sasuke said which immediately got a reaction from Naruto. Naruto felt surprised as he had forgotten about the two of them and processed the information

'If they're alive... What would that entail for the future?"

Sakura looked at Naruto and wondered herself "Well...I know they were brought back by Edo Tensei back.. well forwards... at the Fourth Ninja War, so that removes them from that. To be honest, I'm not sure if what would their impact be. We're now walking in slighty shakier grounds here, Naruto" Naruto nodded. Who knew that Sakura could think like Shikamaru when the situation demands from it! Then Naruto felt Sakura's aura get darker.

Naruto gulps. That's why she was the smart one in the team.

"We need to also talk about what I saw when I got knocked out... I'm assuming that the dobe saw something too?"

Naruto glared at Sasuke ,who shrugged and smirked, but he concentrated on the matter on hand. "Yeah, I did, Sasuke. I saw the Rikudō Sennin, when I got knocked out" Naruto said as he told his story

"So... he really is responsible for this" Sasuke said as he replayed what Naruto said "And... What did the Kyuubi had to say about it?"

Naruto smirked "He's being a big baby about it...Jeez! Stop swearing at me! Alright Alright I'm sorry, okay?!" Naruto said to himself, to which Sasuke took the Naruto was talking to Kurama.

"And does that mean... we can't get back to the future?: Sakura had said which had shut Naruto. In reality, Naruto had never even thought about getting home. Yes, he was happy about his life when he was Hokage. When he had done what he had dreamed and went out to do. But that had been destroyed and he had watched so hopelessly.

"That...would appear so, Sakura" Naruto said as he stumbled into the words. Sasuke stood silent as Naruto watched him also process the information. He had suffered a lot, yes. But would he change it for another chance? No, he wouldn't.

But he was already here, and he might as well.

"You said that you saw something as well, Sasuke" Naruto said as he looked at Sasuke. Sasuke nodded and activated his sharingan, implanting his memories of what Sasuke saw. Naruto mumbled 'Lazy ass' then proceeded to process the information, and stopped on his tracks.