The Chuunin Exams!

"Hn" - Sasuke

As he entered the gates, the sun entered his eyes...He didn't mind. He was used to it. Once the light subsided from his eyes, he saw people, ninja and citizens alike, walking in the streets. Street Vendors and shops littered the street. He opens his senses more and feels eyes watching them. ANBU, probably. He smelled the air. The smell of grass and nature. He closed his eyes for a while before he continued the walk to the hotel.

"Gaara?"

Gaara looked at who had called him. Temari.

"Hmm?"

"Are you alright?" Temari said in a concerned tone. Gaara nodded and continued down the street. He saw in the distance, the famous stone faces, with all of its four Hokages. He saw the red, maroon-like building and knew it was the Hokage's building.

"We're almost there" Baki said to his group. Gaara nodded, then saw an orange blur. A smile started forming on his lips. He knew who it was.

They took a left, and they saw four people. Three children, who wore some type of green goggles and a blonde.

A boy, with a blue scarf continued walking, not noticing Kankuro. They watched as the boy bumped into him.

"-Ah, sorry nii-chan!" The boy said with an apologetic tone on his voice

Kankuro looked down "Eh, who's this little twerp?" He said as he picked up the boy on his collar

"Hey, let him go!" The blonde said loudly.

"Let him go Kankuro... You're currently holding the Hokage's grandson in your hands. I would be careful" Gaara said calmly. Kankura looked surprised, and pale, before he let the boy go. Immediately, the boy, ran over to the blonde's back.

"I'm sorry for my brother's...hasty reaction. It might have left a bad image, so forgive him. Let's start afresh. I'm Gaara. You are?" Gaara said with a slight smile and his hand out.

"I'm Naruto, Gaara. It's nice to meet you" Naruto said as he grinned from ear to ear.

A couple of hours before, at the Hokage's office.

"Thank you for meetin with me, Team Seven" Hiruzen started. It was the day where he is to announce the chuunin exams. The sun was barely up, but he refused to sleep, staying in his office, preparing for the long week

"Today, I called you because of some...safety issues." Hiruzen said before he took a puff from his pipe

"What kind of issues, Hokage-sama?" Sakura asked

Hiruzen took a paper and gave it to Kakashi "A patrol spotted some mercenaries near the village. They seemed to be scouting, for something, we do not know yet. I don't doubt that they're part of a bigger mercenary group"

Kakashi read the report "Mercenaries typically aren't pitted against Shinobis. It's either they have the advantage in numbers or they have something planned"

"Someone they think can give them the advantage?" said Sasuke

"Whatever the case, I want you all to keep a look out. Unofficially, you're the strongest team that we have. If you find anything interesting, report back to me immediately."

"Understood" Kakashi nodded, with the others following suit.

"Dismissed."

"Nice to meet you Naruto, we are from Suna, to take the Chuunin exams" Gaara explained

"Oh Suna? I've heard that place! I think I hear about a... tanuki wondering the place? " Naruto said with, as Gaara understood, a reference. Baki's ear pricked up and stood on guard.