20

Eleanor's p.o.v

*Two days before thanksgiving*

"Are you nervous?"

"Nervous to meet the enormous family of the woman I'm in love with? No, no, why would you think that?" I chuckled at Chris' sarcasm, reaching across the seat to grab his hand.

"They'll love you, I know it. Besides, you just have to tell yourself the same thing you told me when I was about to meet your parents for the first time, think of the positive what if's." Chris sighed and squeezed my hand, bringing it to his lips for a lingering kiss.

"You're right, I need to practice what I preach. Give me a rundown again please."

"Okay, so we'll arrive at the Nashville airport, and Dylan will be there to pick us up, he'll drive us to my parents house where we'll be staying so we can drop our stuff off, then I'll take my car from there to my grandparents house. Are you with me so far?"

"I think so." I gave him an encouraging smile and continued.

"Once we get to my grandmother's house, I'll introduce you to whatever family is there, which will probably be my aunt Myla, who's single; my aunt Mia, who's married to Austin and they have three kids; my mom, Myra, and my dad, Wilson; and finally my grandmother, Rita and my brother, Samson. We'll probably eat dinner or something like that then go back to my house for the night. The next morning I have us meeting with some of my friends for breakfast, then we'll go back to meet some more of my family who should arrive late tonight, those will be my aunt Leia and her husband Joshua, who have two kids, and my aunt Diana and her husband Jeff. Still with me?" Chris chuckled, shaking his head and rubbing a hand down his face.

"I'm not sure honestly, this is a lot of names."

"I know, but I have full confidence that you'll catch on the more you hang around them. Do you want me to keep going or stop?" He pondered for a moment before shrugging his shoulders.

"You're almost done anyway, may as well finish."

"Alright, the rest of that day will probably be filled with prepping food and hanging out. The next morning, thanksgiving day, we'll go over early to finish making the food for the brunch thing we do, and I'll introduce you to my uncle Milton and his wife Abby, with their three boys. We'll eat sometime around 11 then say our goodbyes and head to the airport so we can fly up to Boston, which will be about a two and a half hour flight, only to be picked up by Scotty and driven to your house so we can have thanksgiving dinner with them." Chris thought over what I said, slowly nodding his head when he seemed to have it figured out.

"We're gonna be exhausted." I laid my head on his shoulder and looked out the airplane window to the clouds.

"Yes, we will be, but I think it'll be worth it." He kissed the top of my head, removing the arm rest from between us so I could snuggle deeper into his side.

"It definitely will be, plus you'll get to meet Ethan and Carly's husband Ryan since you didn't get to meet them last time."

"I'm super excited to meet them, and to see the rest of your family again. I had so much fun with them last time, but I'm kinda disappointed we won't get to cook together." I gave Chris a pouty lip, only for him to duck his head and bite it.

"Is this what Christmas is going to look like too?" I paused to think about it, before shaking my head slowly.

"I don't think so, my family doesn't usually end up doing Christmas on Christmas anyway, which means we can spend the actual holiday with your family and just go to Tennessee whenever my family decides to do it."