eight

°•(y/n) POV•°

two pairs of big doe eyes. You would think that they belong to some otherworldly creatures.

well....that was close enough.

however these eyes held warmth and so much love.and for someone like me.

it was kind of weird.

"sorry about that" snapping my head towards namjoon, who sat beside jin nervously as his eyes settle back and forth from the three boys sitting beside me and my form.

"I know this is awkward,the whole soulmate thing is very unpredictable after all and having seven of us must be harder...." I hummed silently, fiddling with my sweater paws and trying to hide any marks that could be seen.

"I don't mind..." I mumble out, slightly straightening up when the two boys beside me leaned closer. "soulmates doesn't need to be couples right? I mean some people have their best friends for a soulmate." I scooted forward, trying not to dive into those warm doe eyes staring at me.

looking up I saw yoongi furrow his eyebrows until hoseok patted his knee. "I-I guess so? soulmates are bonds that makes two people closer than ever, but it doesn't mean you have to be in a relationship..." jin muttered although slight disappointment had laced his tone.

"do you not like us enough?" snapping my head towards taehyung, whose eyes now held insecurity rather than the warmth before.

"N-no!" screeching loudly, I hurriedly covered my mouth.

'why the hell did I just scream?!' and judging by the look of everyone, they did not expect that either.

jimin chuckled from beside taehyung, our attention turned towards him and his sparkling eyes met mine.

"taehyung has that effect, you'll get used to it" he smile rather fondly at me. I looked back at the mentioned person, his sad expression has turned into a bright boxy smile.

"your voice can go really high huh!" I felt my face heat up.

'how can someone look that cute?!'

I lowered my hands to my lap once again and turned my attention to who was lightly tugging at my sleeve.

jungkook's face presented a deep pout and teary eyes presented on his face. I can almost see rabbit ears folding sadly on his head.

"hey....'m sorry about carrying you...are you mad? are you disappointed? why are you so covered too? it's pretty warm in here... aren't you hot? are you-"

before I can even register, my hand had put itself to the crown of his head. lightly patting his fluffy hair, effectively cutting him off before he can continue his rant.

jungkook's eyes widened as his pout formed into a content smile before closing his eyes and leaning against my hand.

I felt my body freeze when I felt my palm get a slight sting.

that was where exactly jungkook's mark was.

oh god.

oh no.

fuck my life.

"um are you okay?" hearing hoseok's voice, I snapped out of my thoughts. looking back at jungkook who returned his pout when I had stopped unconsciously petting him.

I lifted my hand and let it drop down to my lap. I faced the other guys again, I noticed to fond smiles of jin and namjoon as they stared at our little group on the other couch.

"well since your here, why not introduce yourself? let's redo our introductions shall we?"

"uh right. my name's (y/n), I uh recently moved here. about three years ago."

"what year were you born?!" I jumped from the loud voice of taehyung, leaning away from him when he invaded my personal bubble.

"I'm a 96 liner..."

"YES!!"

"you're younger than us? that's surprising. hey joonie welcome to the hyung line."

"I was always in the hyung line!what do you mean yoongi!"

"can I... call you noona then?"

I glanced at jungkook. god, for a guy like him, he pulls off a really good puppy eyes.

"I mean, I guess. assuming that you're younger than me. I don't really care about formalities that much, so if you prefer without it then feel free." I somehow felt satisfied seeing him grin, and I had to stop my hand from acting on it's own again.

"I hope this is not too much to ask, but can you give us a chance? to at least try and change your mind about this platonic plan." hoseok stated calmly.

I adverted my gaze to the floor when they all expectantly looked at me.

"can I have one request though?" I mumbled.

sooner or later I knew that I would be placed in this situation.and I made an agreement to myself that I would not push them away but at the exact time, put myself between all of them.

"of course love. you are part of this, we can't just make rules for ourselves."

I nodded at namjoon.

"I don't want any of this to go public. that means no public meetings, posting photos or mentioning me either. and if it would get to a point on wether you need to chose your career over me, do it without hesitation."

and as I expected a lot of protests were thrown at me, the loudest from the younger ones.

"we can agree on the first one but that second one is unreasonable!" jimin furrowed his eyebrows angrily.

"he's right, I understand why you don't want to be medially involved but I don't get why you want us to not chose you!" taehyung grumpily stated.

"calm down boys. let her explain" I mentally thanked namjoon as I heard the 95 line grumble quietly.

"I've read a lot about you guys, I mean considering how well known you are it was very easy. I've heard about you past and how you've work so hard to be here..." I trailed off, not mising how their eyes had soften and their posture relax.

"I don't want to be the one that stands as the reason for it to go to waste. I know how your fans and your passion makes you happy, and I don't want to take that from you. that's why, until I can fit to your universe, please prioritize yourselves first before me!" bowing my head to them, my hands balling up tightly on my lap while I closed my eyes.

I felt my hand be taken into larger ones, the warmth spreading through my palm as they intertwined their fingers with mine.

blinking my eyes open, I raised my head towards jungkook who was staring at our intertwined hands. his eyes sparkled brightly as if seeing something magical while his mouth opened slightly.

"hey look... they fit perfectly with mine....I love them."

~

A/N: I didn't expect this story to reach a lot of people, and I hope you guys continue to enjoy it. Sorry for the wait and thank you for all the comments you left, Both Direct and left here 💜💜

I made reader a 96 liner so they fit 'perfectly' in the group, I didn't want to take jungkook's title as the youngest too so I'm sorry if you were expecting a much younger mc.

also english is not my first language, please be linient on the grammar and spelling errors

See you on the next update!

-MNY