twenty

although (y/n) did understand the meaning of yoongi's words, she absolutely had no idea why he would've said it.

was there something going on that she should be worried about?

to be honest, instead of being any calmer and cautious with that warning,she was panicking. a lot.

it didn't help at all that nao, the only one she was a little bit close with, was avoiding her.

"noona? are you okay?" the warmth of the hand over hers snapped her out of her thoughts as she stared at jungkook. "am I done now?" the boy asked patiently looking at her with a smile on his face.

"let me just add this and you can go alright?" the boy resembling a bunny nodded as he let her put the balm on his lips. "okay, check yourself in the mirror, if you want to put something come to me okay?" 

(y/n) stated not looking at the boy and instead organized the makeup desk she borrowed. when she sensed no movement on the chair beside her, she looked back at the boy who now pouted at her.

"you missed something." he complained

"jungkook, your hair is styled you know."

"don't care."

"jungkook-"

"'m not moving."

"I-"

"hmp"

sighing lightly, (y/n) raised her hand towards the top of his head before lightly rubbing it. careful not to ruin his fluffed and straight hair that he spent a good forty minutes to get.

"good?" the boy hummed happily before hopping out of the chair and onto one of the full-length mirrors to check himself out.

"that kid's gonna be the death of me one day."

"probably."

hearing the familiar voice, she looked beside her to find nao looking at jungkook.

"huh?" (y/n) asked confused.

"hm? nothing. we should go backstage now, we need to cue again." narrowing her eyes at the girl, (y/n) couldn't help but let yoongi's words ring in her head before following nao out of the room.

~

"you're going to help in tearing down?"

"uh huh, they need a lot of people. besides its just minor things, nothing tech or heavy related stuff." nao informed as they sat backstage with yoongi's solo song playing in the background.

"we need all the help we can get, so if you don't have time come join me. besides, it would be boring without someone to talk to." nao smiled shoving her a little.

'looks like I was worried for nothing...' (y/n) thought looking at the sleep-deprived girl with her.

"tell me (y/n) what really is your relationship with the boys?"

and there it was.

(y/n) looked at nao from the corner of her eyes. she was not looking at her, instead,she was focused on the one performing on stage.

"someone...familiar to them.." was the only thing (y/n) could muster as she gripped her own hand as if trying to hide the already hidden mark that she was sporting.

"soulmates huh." (y/n) could only grit her teeth as she heard the tone of her voice.

sadness and betrayal.

"how does it feel (y/n)? to not only have one, but seven of them?" again she couldn't answer.

"you know I envy you..." nao admitted.

"for h-having them?" 

"no. for having soulmates."

(y/n) could only shut her mouth as she stared at the girl beside her. staring at the boys in the stage, her eyes full of longing and need.

yet why couldn't she feel a bit of compassion for her?

~

(y/n) heard about mateless people, and it wasn't uncommon at all. but still, meeting one out of blue like that was a little bit shocking. 

mateless people could only mean one thing, the obvious was that they are in a different country or city you have never been or will never have access to. or the most probable part in which they do not exist anymore.

"(y/n) here, you can put that here." nao ushered, putting the box in front of her. dropping the bag of unused confetti and fireworks gently, she looked at nao who gathered all the uncollected gifts thrown by fans and putting them in a separate box.

"(y/n)."

"yeah?" blinking lightly at the girl who called her name.

"how does it feel. to have a soulmate?"

"um-"

"to have somebody like them?"

"I-"

"did you know..." (y/n) watched the girl stand up slowly, her eyes holding something (y/n) couldn't comprehend.

"that when your soulmate passes, that their marks disappear?"

"n-nao?" (y/n) felt unsafe.

"will you.." nao gripped one of the metal bars of the support used to take down the lights.

"test it out for me?" with that, she pulled down the metal bar and caused the support to lose balance and tip, falling over towards where (y/n) was.

the girl, not knowing how to react was frozen in place, watching the heavy equipment as it falls to her.

'MOVE, DAMNIT BODY, MOVE!!"

and instead,she closed her eyes and waited for the impact.

gasping for air, a large crash was heard as she felt pain on her side and back.

"(Y/N)!"

panicked footsteps were heard as she opened her eyes, her vision blurry but she could in fact make up the face of jimin.

the boy smiled at her relief, yet his eyes held a different emotion.

"thank fucking god for my soul sense."

~

go to the next one>>