twenty-two

there are moments in our shitty life where we realize how lucky we are to be alive.

those moments that we can say that yes, this is enough.

blankets and pillows littered the couch, supporting eight people. 

the used tissues and empty packets of food was discarded at the floor without care. 

the tv lights flickered even though no one was watching.

and yet only one of them was in a deep slumber.

(y/n) was blissfully asleep on the couch, her (s/c) cheeks still lingered with their rosy color but unlike her face before, she was stress-free and very much peaceful.

hobi smiled a little as he stared at the girl in his lap, lifting his head up he saw that jimin hadn't cease his relieved staring at her figure.

"jimin?" the mentioned boy turned his attention towards their leader. "thanks."

it was a simple thing that they were used to doing whenever his soul sense worked, after all it had saved lives multiple times.

jimin on the other hand, was now furrowing his eyebrows. now that the environment was calm and peaceful, he was able to recall and decipher the events properly this time. and he noticed something unusual about it.

jin who was sitting in front of the boy, had noticed his slight frustration. "minnie, is there something wrong?"

disregarding the way that his heart fluttered, jimin rubbed his cheek in thought. and it seemed that all the people awake had turned their attention towards him.

"there was something that I noticed when the event happened."

namjoon hummed indicating to him that they were all dutifully listening.

"you know how my soul sense work right?" the boys nodded at him " It's just that, whenever it activates, it was always at the nick of time. it was always me jumping in the last second right?"

"mhm, it was always like that jiminie, is there something wrong?"

"i-it's just that, I didn't come to (y/n). (y/n) came to me."

there was a second of silence in the room before everyone realized what he had informed them.

and namjoon knowing what their reactions would be, quickly shushed them, motioning to the girl laying between his two fellow rappers.

"ahem. hold on let's discuss this calmly alright." when they all seemed to seep back to their seats, he continued. "jimin, are you sure about this?"

the boy in question nodded "hyung, whenever an event happens where my sense activates, I'm usually the one walking in to it. but not this time." 

hearing his frustrated and almost crying tone, namjoon moved spots and took jimin by his hands making him stand up before wrapping his arms around the younger's waist and sitting back to the couch with jimin curled up in his lap.

namjoon's large hands tracing circles on his back.

"you good?"

"m-mhm, I'll be fine for a while..." taking a deep breath and being careful not to slip just yet, he continued on explaining whilst being calmed by namjoon's heartbeats.

"when the event happened, I was already at the stage. a bit off to the side, but we were still in the same place. I saw them talk and saw them interact, I thought nothing of it since they seemed pretty fine with each other. it was only after a while, when I looked back I saw her."